Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melissa,
    It's so GREAT to have you back!
    I'm so sorry to hear about all of the trouble you've been having with your hip replacement/s and broken femur. That HAS to hurt! Please be careful not to fall. Hopefully the lymphedema will go away, eventually.

Congratulations on being a grandma! It such a wonderful thing to be a grandparent. I just adore my grandson. Yaffa is such a pretty and unique name. Is there anything behind the name or did your daughter pick it for its uniqueness and cuteness? How big was she? I'll bet you are just ticked pink, even though you don't feel well. I'm sure she takes your mind off of your pain for a little while at least sometimes!

I'm still waiting to have grandbaby #2. My son and his wife aren't even pregnant yet, though. So I may have to wait a long time! LOL But I know they DO want kids. :-)
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

• Melissa

I knew someday you would return....

So sorry to hear about these hip and femur breaking problems.....as if multiple scoliosis related surgeries isn’t enough.

How is the back now? Is that doing better?

Try not to fall anymore ok?

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• Welcome back Melissa!

I am very sorry to hear about your ongoing problems. I so hoped the hip replacement would be a success so you could just get on with other things. As Ed says, how's your back? I hope other things are ironing themselves out for you now.

Congratulations on your new baby granddaughter! They say you've never truly been in love until you hold your first grandchild. <smile>
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• So glad!

Hooray, Melissa! It's good to have you back! I know I recently (as in this past week) either posted or just PMd someone about you. It's been a long vacant time without you on here! May this year be a banner year health-wise as it is that you became a Grandma. It's time for your rotten situations to be gone and for you to have some good times. On with the healing from your recent surgery! And please know how much you have grown into the hearts of so many forum members. Hugs, Susie
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
            Melissa,
            It's so GREAT to have you back!
            I'm so sorry to hear about all of the trouble you've been having with your hip replacement/s and broken femur. That HAS to hurt! Please be careful not to fall. Hopefully the lymphedema will go away, eventually.

Congratulations on being a grandma! It such a wonderful thing to be a grandparent. I just adore my grandson. Yaffa is such a pretty and unique name. Is there anything behind the name or did your daughter pick it for its uniqueness and cuteness? How big was she? I'll bet you are just ticked pink, even though you don't feel well. I'm sure she takes your mind off of your pain for a little while at least sometimes!

I'm still waiting to have grandbaby #2. My son and his wife aren't even pregnant yet, though. So I may have to wait a long time! LOL But I know they DO want kids. :-)
            Regarding Yaffa's name, my daughter has told me that it means beautiful in Hebrew.
            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
              Melissa

I knew someday you would return....

So sorry to hear about these hip and femur breaking problems.....as if multiple scoliosis related surgeries isn’t enough.

How is the back now? Is that doing better?

Try not to fall anymore ok?

Ed
              Thanks Ed for believing in me. With all the surgeries, anesthesia and meds that I was on , maybe I was doing something wrong in trying in log on but , it is allowing me to do so now.

I am trying very hard not to fall but with the drop foot it is hard.

My back is generally ok but at times I have very severe pain so I am going to see Dr Bederman in 2 weeks just to get his thoughts on it

Melissa
              Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                Welcome back Melissa!

I am very sorry to hear about your ongoing problems. I so hoped the hip replacement would be a success so you could just get on with other things. As Ed says, how's your back? I hope other things are ironing themselves out for you now.

Congratulations on your new baby granddaughter! They say you've never truly been in love until you hold your first grandchild. <smile>
                Well it does appear that finally my right hip is done.It has been in since October and even with my horrible fall in December has not popped out.

I will ask my daughter about how to post a picture of Yaffa
                Melissa

Comment

• Thanks everyone for caring so much

Melissa
                  Melissa

Comment

• Here is a picture of Yaffa
                    Attached Files
                    Melissa

Comment

• Oh, Melissa! She definitely fits her name. Before hubby and I had our miscarriages, Ish-sha was one we were thinking about. It means 'woman' or literally 'from man (Ish)' in Hebrew. I really love some of those Hebrew names!
                      Be happy!
                      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

• She really is beautiful. How thrilled you must be. A whole new dimension to your lives.
                        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Melissa,
                          I am so glad to see you're back. I have been curious about how you're doing. So sorry about the breaks in your femur bones. Plus all the other things you've been dealing with. I assumed you were doing pretty good until I read this post. You have dealt with way more than anyone should ever have to. And I commend you for all your courage. What a roller coaster ride you've been on. I just pray you'll heal up and I pray no more surgeries. My last surgery was May31st. And it was a revision caused by broken rods. But it was a huge surgery and a tough recovery while in the hospital. And I go back for my yr. check up in a few months. I am looking forward to it, as I have lots of questions for the Dr. Just have lots of pain in my neck & shoulders plus lower back. I also have hip pain. But this just may be related to DDD.(degenerative disc disease). I am standing pretty straight. A big plus!! I don't know how you've survived all those surgeries. I'v had a lot of surgeries, and I still have a few more I have to have. I also had my gall bladder removed right after my last back surgery. It sets a person back from recovery from the previous surgery. I am having a hysterectomy in Aug. and foot surgery sometime after that.. We shall prevail~~~ just glad to hear from you! Take good care. Linda
                          Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                          Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                          This started adult onset scoliosis
                          July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                          Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                          Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                          May 30th 2013 revision
                          May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                          May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• Welcome back, Melissa! We have all thought about you and certainly hoped you would be posting again. I am sorry to hear of your additional problems and hope you will heal quickly. Congratulations on being a grandma. She is beautiful!
                            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                            Rib Hump-GONE!
                            Age-60 at the time of surgery
                            Now 66
                            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

• Glad you are back---what a little cutie!!
                              T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                              C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                              T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                              C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                              Right scapulectomy 6/15
                              Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                              To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                              Broken neck 9/28/2018
                              Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                              Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                              Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                              Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                              Osteotomy

Comment

• Thanks everyone. I was back in the hospital for 6 nights... not back or hip issues. I fell becasue I was so dizzy and have had a headache for almost 2 weeks. I am home now.

Melissa
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X