No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On May 1st, my GI doctor will schedule the tests that he needs in order to clear me for surgery. I am seeing Dr Bederman May 14 so I hope that I will have had the tests by then and ,of course, I hope that my ulcer is healed so I can have the surgery.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Oh good, things are starting to move for you again, Melissa. Not long!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by susancook View Post
        You are a model of courage and I wish you the best. You have a future ahead of you and I know that you will be ok. No, better than ok....you are on the way to awesome.
        Susan
        I agree, Melissa you are the strongest person on the forum.....

One day at a time.

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• I'll definitely say that you've been through the most and come out okay on the other side. You might not think so, but many would have folded by now. I'm sure your endoscopy will turn out well for you. If you are feeling better, then you are probably better. Right now you might feel like Eeyore, but you always bounce back like Tigger! The fact that you are even willing to have more procedures done says a lot for your desire to feel better. Hang in there, neighbor.
          Be happy!
          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
          but we are alive today!

Comment

• Good things happen to great people! Looks like things are turning around for you because you hung in there. You are my role model of strength and courage. A while back, when you were posting one disappointment or bad happening after another, I would say, "thing will get better soon". Well, they didn't and more things went wrong. I remember one email when you wondered if you could survive more. I wanted to come over to your house and give you a hug and take you out for a pedicure and gentle massage. But, you hung on, and now you are starting to see good things happen....yes, there is a God, but you are strong.

Take care of yourself! You are one amazing women! Hugs, Susan
            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Melissa--
              What everyone said above is absolutely spot on! I tend to not get on here much anymore (for one thing have a new baby granddaughter--2 1/2 weeks old!!) but I come to check on you because of all the things you have gone through. I think of you every day and pray for better days for you--truly! You have an amazing spirit to confront all of these obstacles and keep getting back up. We all cheer you on!! Janet
              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Hi Melissa,
                I am glad things are getting better for you!!!! Check your message box--I sent a PM to you.
                Take care,
                Jackie
                T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                Right scapulectomy 6/15
                Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                Broken neck 9/28/2018
                Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                Osteotomy

Comment

• you are in my thoughts Melissa.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your good thoughts , wishes and prayers.

I can use them all
                    Melissa

Comment

• So it looks like June 3rd will be my neck surgery. It is my birthday as well. This is not the way to spend one's birthday but it is the only date that Dr Bederman has to operate in June except June 24th. I do not want to have surgery June 24 because he is leaving town on June 25th for a week.

The only problem will be if my ulcer doctor does not clear me for surgery
                      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        So it looks like June 3rd will be my neck surgery. It is my birthday as well. This is not the way to spend one's birthday but it is the only date that Dr Bederman has to operate in June except June 24th. I do not want to have surgery June 24 because he is leaving town on June 25th for a week.

Thanks for letting us know Melissa. I'm so glad the ball is rolling again for you. How's the house coming along?
                        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Setbacks~~~

I am having some setbacks right now Melissa~~~I just have to take a look at what you have been through and I know I'll get through it somehow. We do what we have to do to survive. That's the bottom line. You are a prime example!!! Good luck with this next surgery . Hope it helps bunch! Warm thoughts are being sent to you! Linda.
                          Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                          Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                          This started adult onset scoliosis
                          July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                          Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                          Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                          May 30th 2013 revision
                          May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                          May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                            So it looks like June 3rd will be my neck surgery. It is my birthday as well. This is not the way to spend one's birthday but it is the only date that Dr Bederman has to operate in June except June 24th. I do not want to have surgery June 24 because he is leaving town on June 25th for a week.

I may have missed it, but this means that your endoscopy went well and your ulcer is gone! That's great news. I know you don't want to have surgery on your birthday, but you'll get in a really good nap and be able to start fresh. I'm just glad you got a surgery date that is fairly soon. Now just stay healthy until then. =)
                            Be happy!
                            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

• No I have been cleared yet by my GI Doctor. However, My pain is basically gone and in this area of the neck there is not that much blood loss during surgery. If I were having my hips done, then my ulcer would have to be totally gone

Thanks all for your good wishes and prayers
                              Melissa

Comment

• You are so welcome for all the prayers and best wishes! We are all in this together under this great universe trying to hold each other up from all parts of this world. This song of life go a little dim with all the obstacles we have to go through. But they are made a little easier, just knowing we're here for each other~~knowing and feeling each others pain. So hats off to you Melissa~ you are an amazing human being!
                                Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                                Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                                This started adult onset scoliosis
                                July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                                Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                                Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                                May 30th 2013 revision
                                May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                                May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X