No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep Marc in your prayers today . He has a second interview and it seems as if the company wants to fill the position fast. He only had the first interview Friday and they emailed yesterday and wanted him to come in today for a second interview

I need something good to happen
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• OOohhh good luck to Marc! You so deserve some good fortune to come your way. I've been thinking about you, so hoping you'd get some good news for Christmas. Please let us know how he goes. I hope your pain is easing Melissa.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Life is too stressful. Our home owners insurance has cancelled us . We have to go into a high risk pool , here in CA, that cannot turn us down but it is very expensive as compared to the cost of our policy now.The arson investigator has not contacted the original owners of our house, that now live in a trailer right behind our property. How much more can I take? I do not know
        Melissa

Comment

• Is the arson investigator attached to the insurance company or the Police? I'd be fronting up to the police station and asking why this person of interest hasn't been investigated weeks after the second fire. They need to keep you in the loop and they need to show that they are actually doing something. Well, that's what I would be doing here, it may be inappropriate there, I don't know.

Comment

• The county arson investigator told my husband that they talked to the previous owner and he does not feel that he is the one who torched the house. So we are back to square 1.

I have been in the hospital since Thursday afternoon.I went in becasue I have had bad belly pain since October but at 2am I woke up with pain worse than I ever had . Also, I had blood work done on Wednesday and my hemoglobin count was very low. So they did an ultrasound and an CT Scan .They did not find anything. I did get two units of blood and my hemoglobin went back up. On Jan 2, I am scheduled to have a Colonoscopy and endoscopic done. I hope that they find something then. I am tired of being in pain
            Melissa

Comment

• hi Melissa
              i hope they do not find anything...
              i am sorry that you feel otherwise...
              but i hope there is nothing terribly wrong...

i swear to you that constant stress can cause such awful stomach pain
              and cramping, all kinds of stomach related problems.
              when i was younger, i had a lot of stress in my life...
              i had such bad stomach pain, cramping, etc, that i could
              not even drink water without the pain starting up!!!
              i lost 20 pounds very fast...and dehydrated badly.
              they did a lower GI test (ugh!), an upper GI test, a few other
              evaluations...and told me it was stress...
              what they said specifically was "dump your boyfriend, quit your job"

eventually, i did what they told me...
              in the mean time, i was put on anti-spasmodic pills...
              and other medication....

all this is only to try to explain that it could be really bad and CHRONIC stress...
              heaven knows you have been thru it...and then some.
              no one will be able to know for sure until all the tests are done,
              so it is good you will be evaluated.

i do hope they find nothing physically bad...
              and i also hope they find medication to help you.
              i hope and pray the pain goes away...

sending you good wishes...
              jess...& Sparky
              Last edited by jrnyc; 12-23-2012, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Just want to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You said somethings like, "how much more can I take?" Knowing you through this forum, I believe that you will be able to handle anything that comes along. You have great resolve and inner strength. I wish you the best and I wish that I could carry some of your burden.
                HUGS, Susan
                PS: If the prep for your GI test is mag citrate, take a deep breath and relax, then drink it very cold while pinching your nose. Just a suggestion from someone who has done it 4 times and puked it once because it was warm.
                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• There are bound to be side effects from such enormous stress as you've been under, for so long. It just compounds the problem of course. You are amazing with your resilience, just the same. One day, this will all be sorted out. Just keep doing what has to be done to reach your goal. You deserve for all these problems to be fixed, and to live the rest of your life in peace. My wish for you for Christmas and the New Year is for strength to reach your goal. If it helps, keep us informed as to how it goes, there are certainly a lot of people hoping for the best for you.

Comment

• Hang in there, Melissa! I had a very similar experience to what Jess described once--and had the same work up you are having. They found nothing and put me on anti-anxiety meds. Eventually that helped calm my stomach, but it took a while. I will pray for you that it is nothing more than stress. Have a blessed Christmas.

Evelyn
                    age 48
                    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• I was in the hospital last week. My hemoglobin is very low. They gave me a blood transfusion of two units.I have to go tomorrow for another blood test. I am having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I have had bad belly pain on the left side since October. Thanks for listening
                      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        I was in the hospital last week. My hemoglobin is very low. They gave me a blood transfusion of two units.I have to go tomorrow for another blood test. I am having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I have had bad belly pain on the left side since October. Thanks for listening
                        Good luck on Wednesday Melissa. Whether they find something or it's simply stress, I hope they can alleviate your pain which in itself, will help relieve some stress. I'm sorry you're starting the new year with such a lot on your shoulders.

Comment

• Melissa, I had endoscopy and colonoscopy a few months ago. The tests aren't bad at all. It's the prep that's nasty. Not the sitting on the toilet part, but trying to drink all that golytely without throwing up. I hope they figure things out for you. I'm starting to think you are Eeyore. Poor thing!
                          Be happy!
                          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

• Melissa,
                            If you have lost blood and needed transfusions, it sounds like the Doctors are looking for a bleeding ulcer. That can be caused by stress or by anti-inflamatories or both. The fix is fairly simple for a bleeding ulcer, so I will pray that is the case for you. You don't deserve all of the stress you have been under, but unfortunately we can not choose our lives. We can only choose how we deal with the hand we have been dealt. My heart goes out to you and I can only pray for you and send you cyber hugs.
                            Sally
                            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• I hope that your testing goes well. Things will improve! You must be one tough lady! You will prevail! In 5 years you will look back on the past year and laugh! Sending positive thoughts your way. Hugs, Susan
                              Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                              2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                              2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                              2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                              2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                              2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• hi Melissa
                                i take it the tests will be next week on January 2nd...
                                i hope you rest up now and try to get your strength up...
                                you must have been feeling so tired...
                                i, too, have had those tests in the past...
                                it is true the prep part is the worst...
                                i hope they find nothing bad and can figure out a plan of
                                action after the results are in...

thoughts and prayers...
                                jess....& Sparky

Comment

Working...
                                X