No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, so far I have found out that I broke my collar bone when I fell. Nothing to do for it except time. 2 1/2 - 3 months before it is healed.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Ouch! I know what that's like. The only bone I ever broke. Take care Melissa, no more falling!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• thanks.

Also, I found out today that I have fluid on my brain and calcium deposits on my brain.

It never ends

Melissa
        Melissa

Comment

• Oh no Melissa! I'm so sorry to hear this latest set back. What does this mean, do you know? I'm going to do some Googling when I have a minute.

Comment

• I really don't know. She wants me to have a MRI done for more details.
            Melissa

Comment

• Good news about granddaughter. We finally have a awesome lawyer. Danny got us a two day visit instead of flying to NC from CA for one starting now we have 6 hours Saturday and 6 Hours Sunday

Danny is Great!!
              Melissa

Comment

• That's fantastic news Melissa!

Comment

• Good news and Bad news .... We had a wonderful visit with Yaffa . But I fell again, this time I just lost my balance and landed flat on my knees. My knees are in such pain and are swollen. At least, I was going to see my knee surgeon tomorrow anyway.
                  Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    Good news and Bad news .... We had a wonderful visit with Yaffa . But I fell again, this time I just lost my balance and landed flat on my knees. My knees are in such pain and are swollen. At least, I was going to see my knee surgeon tomorrow anyway.
                    Melissa, you could be my genetic daughter. Seems like you can't catch a break. I just hope you didn't hurt the knee you fixed.(or was it both knees you fixed?)anyway, so glad there was some good with the bad. Grand children are good for the soal. I fell a couple months ago off my steps coming into my house. I fell backwards with nothing to catch myself, and I am probably going to have to do something in the cervical area, as I have too much pain there. Did it help to have your fusion up through the cervical area? Or was it bothering you before your back surgery? Some surgeons just opt to go all the way up from pelvis through the neck regardless of weather there is pain there. I kinda wish my surgeon would have done that. You keep us posted on yourself. I will do my best to stay on two feet if you will too.(smiles) Best of luck at the Drs. today. Hope it's nothing serious with the knees.
                    Sincerely, sending healing prayer your way~~~Linda
                    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                    This started adult onset scoliosis
                    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                    May 30th 2013 revision
                    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• I have not fixed any knees. I saw my knee surgeon Wednesday. Dr Bederman has given the OK for me to have any surgery that I need to have, My broken collarbone will not affect any surgery that I need to have. So now I am waiting to have some tests done. Because of all of the hardware that I have in my femur bone, my knee surgeon needs to have a MRI done of my knee so he can see the best way to implant it.

Dr Bederman and I have said our good byes to each other last Wednesday. There is no more surgery that he can do for me. The pain that I am in is mine for the rest of my life. Unless I break a rod , there is nothing more that he can do for me. It has been a long four years and I certainly give him my best . He corrected what my NC surgeon screwed me up with and gave me a spine that stands upright. I will always think of him for the rest of my life with good thoughts.

So now I am on to other problems including knees, hips, feet and my brain
                      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        I have not fixed any knees. I saw my knee surgeon Wednesday. Dr Bederman has given the OK for me to have any surgery that I need to have, My broken collarbone will not affect any surgery that I need to have. So now I am waiting to have some tests done. Because of all of the hardware that I have in my femur bone, my knee surgeon needs to have a MRI done of my knee so he can see the best way to implant it.

Dr Bederman and I have said our good byes to each other last Wednesday. There is no more surgery that he can do for me. The pain that I am in is mine for the rest of my life. Unless I break a rod , there is nothing more that he can do for me. It has been a long four years and I certainly give him my best . He corrected what my NC surgeon screwed me up with and gave me a spine that stands upright. I will always think of him for the rest of my life with good thoughts.

So now I am on to other problems including knees, hips, feet and my brain
                        i guess I need to review some of your posts. I thought you had already had a knee replaced. Well, I'm glad you are standing straight. We got what we got~~ and we live with it. I wish you the best as you move forward one day at a time. Keep us posted . As always, Linda
                        Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                        Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                        This started adult onset scoliosis
                        July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                        Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                        Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                        May 30th 2013 revision
                        May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                        May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
                          i guess I need to review some of your posts. I thought you had already had a knee replaced. Well, I'm glad you are standing straight. We got what we got~~ and we live with it. I wish you the best as you move forward one day at a time. Keep us posted . As always, Linda

Thank you Linda for your good wishes. I am trying to get rid of some of my pain but I will always have some. As I knew when I started my scoliosis journey , one does not have scoliosis surgery to get rid of pain but to try to stand straight and that I do.

Melissa
                          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa,

I am really surprised that you are dismissed from Dr Bederman when your broken rod surgery was just a few months ago. Doesn't he need to follow you up for that?

I am glad you had such a good visit with Yaffa. It must have been wonderful to see her.

Take care,
                            Gayle, age 50
                            Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
                            Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
                            Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
                            2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
                            2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

• True, I did not really think of that. It was December 5th. It is not that I am leaving his office however. When I fell last Sunday I landed on my left shoulder. When I was down at UCI, on Wednesday, they took a xray. My shoulder surgeon looked at it and saw something that he did not like. He emailed me yesterday and wants to see me next Thursday. I will email Dr Bederman about seeing me again before getting rid of me.
                              Melissa

Comment

• You were right. Dr Bederman and I are not done with each other. I need to see him again in about 10 weeks.
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X