No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, dear. Another back surgery. This at least probably explains your continued pain. So sorry another big surgery is in your future & family life has been difficult too. Please heed Jennifer's advice above. She makes a lot of sense. To get you healthy and healing eventually you somehow need to keep that part separate from your personal physical health. Concentrate on you not the things that can't be controlled. I know--easy for me to say. Please know that you are always sent many positive thoughts and prayers. Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Please pray for my granddaughter. She fell off the kitchen table and has two brain bleeds and 2 skull fractures
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Oh no Melissa. Poor baby. Your poor family. Please let us know how she is. Such awful news for you.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• My life just keeps getting worse and worse, My granddaughter was taken away from my daughter. The cops do not believe that it was a accident. She is going into foster care
          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa, I hope that your granddaughter is all right. So sorry that this happened.

Hope that all goes well with your surgeries.

I will be thinking of you. Susan
            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Please pray for us. Tomorrow we go to court to see if we can get temporary custody. Also, seeing about visitation...so far we have not had any. In addition, the baby has been nursed only in her life and is refusing a bottle with formula. They are pushing a syringe down her throat with formula .

Please pray

Melissa
              Melissa

Comment

• I'm so sorry also, Melissa. Praying for all of you and that the baby will be alright. What a scary time for you. Let us know what happens in court tomorrow. Hugs...
                71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• Oh no...Shocked at this latest development and thinking of you.
                  Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                  Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                  T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                  Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                  Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Court today was a joke. It started at 8:30. Our lawyer did not show up until 8:45. She did not even know the baby's name. She had not looked thru her notes at all. My daughter was offered 2 hours a week visitation No one knew where the baby was. Some said tht he was still in the hospital. others said that she was in a foster home. This is such a nightmare

Melissa
                    Melissa

Comment

• Melissa, I'm so praying for you and that precious baby and you Melissa. You have so many things going on with your body, and now all this. Hold on to faith -~~ it will carry you through this difficult time.
                      Warmly, Linda
                      Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                      Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                      This started adult onset scoliosis
                      July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                      Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                      Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                      May 30th 2013 revision
                      May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                      May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• Thanks Linda
                        Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                          Please pray for us. Tomorrow we go to court to see if we can get temporary custody. Also, seeing about visitation...so far we have not had any. In addition, the baby has been nursed only in her life and is refusing a bottle with formula. They are pushing a syringe down her throat with formula .

Please pray

Melissa
                          They are idiots!!! How awful for the baby!!!
                          Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                          Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                          This started adult onset scoliosis
                          July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                          Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                          Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                          May 30th 2013 revision
                          May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                          May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• We have a new lawyer... He has given us hope
                            Melissa

Comment

• Please pray for my daughter. She has given up. She wants to get rid of all of the baby's things because she feels that the baby will never come home. I am very afraid that she might do something stupid
                              Melissa

Comment

• Melissa...is anyone with her?
                                is there a way a court can declare she should be in the hospital
                                as a danger to herself...i think the courts call it a 5150 in CA...
                                and that way she could be monitored for a few days...
                                perhaps long enough to get her on medication to help with
                                her depression...??
                                there must be some way for her to be watched or under
                                supervision of some kind for a temporary amount of time...
                                for her OWN safety...??

jess

Comment

Working...
                                X