September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melissa, i am thinking it might require a prescription anti nausea
    medication...it is the reason i can never take the stuff...
    i throw up right away, even when they gave me morphine nasal
    spray...did they mention trying the nasal spray for you...?
    it is supposed to be easier, since it isn't supposed to go thru the
    stomach...still made me throw up, though...

maybe you could call the doctor and get something called in
    before the wkend gets here...
    i hope you feel better every day...

jess...and Sparky

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      Melissa, i am thinking it might require a prescription anti nausea
      medication...it is the reason i can never take the stuff...
      i throw up right away, even when they gave me morphine nasal
      spray...did they mention trying the nasal spray for you...?
      it is supposed to be easier, since it isn't supposed to go thru the
      stomach...still made me throw up, though...

maybe you could call the doctor and get something called in
      before the wkend gets here...
      i hope you feel better every day...

jess...and Sparky
      Thanks Jess
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
        Oh I am. To have pain relief is so wonderful. People who have no pain simply do not understand.
        Amen to that!! You deserve some quality living my girl! Glad you got help.
        Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
        Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
        This started adult onset scoliosis
        July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
        Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
        Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
        May 30th 2013 revision
        May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
        May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• I am going to try Zofran tonight when I take the morphine.

Hopefully, it will work
          Melissa

Comment

• I hope so too Melissa, hope you can get some good sleep too.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• I am feeling good. I took the morphine with the Zofran last night. I got pain relief with no nausea.

Thanks all
              Melissa

Comment

• great to read that Melissa...
                so glad it worked!

jess...& Sparky

Comment

• If you pray,please read.I need help

Please pray for me and Marc. On Monday, our lawyer will be going to court to try to get the case date changed. My brother, Paul Block of Bellmore, NY has been suing me since 2006. My dad died in 2006. Paul claims that we stole millions of dollars from my dad. I am living in CA and the case is in NJ. The court has a letter from my spine surgeon, one of the best in the country, that states that I am unable to travel more than 60 minutes and that is a push for me to sit that long in one position. I have to sleep in a hospital bed as well.All We did was to take care of my father and give him excellent quality of life . Paul wanted to dump my dad in a nursing home, even knowing how my dad felt about them. My dad sold his long island home and gave Paul and I two hundred thousand dollars each. If Paul came to see Dad once a year, that was a lot. Paul felt that the 2 hour drive to NJ from NY was too long for his family to sit thru
                  I have to have 4-5 surgeries before I possibly could feel better.I have no health care now and will not have any until May 1st. I have an ulcer which causes me much pain.
                  Thanks for your prayers. They do work
                  Melissa

Comment

• Sounds like some common sense is needed - why should your brother get more than you? I really don't understand this kind of greed but you can bet, that given his chasing you this way for all these years, he's a miserable sod who's his own worst punishment.

I'm sorry you're going through this on top of everything else and I wish you the best for Monday. Let common sense prevail!

Comment

• Melissa, my heart and prayers go out to you! We are settling an inheritance, mostly TOMORROW per a call that I just received from Merrill Lynch. My surgery is in less than 1 month and I am the Excutrix of the estate. Anyway, my sister sounds EXACTLY like your brother in what she wanted for dad and how much she never visited. She has been a real pain throughout this whole settlement and stole items from our parents. I really want to get this settled before my surgery as her attitude and the details of settlement are so stressful!!!!

Good luck to you on dealing with your brother and the settlement. If I can help you at all, send me a private message.
                      Susan
                      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Thank you for your good wishes and your prayers. I just found out that the trial has been moved to April 8th. The big news is that my NJ lawyer wants to quit. I have not paid him in quite some time but he never mentioned that he was wanting to quit

I am not doing well at all. I feel as if I could take pills and not wake up
                        Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                          Thank you for your good wishes and your prayers. I just found out that the trial has been moved to April 8th. The big news is that my NJ lawyer wants to quit. I have not paid him in quite some time but he never mentioned that he was wanting to quit

I am not doing well at all. I feel as if I could take pills and not wake up
                          Pull from the strength that has gotten you this far. Yes, another frustration, but you will get through it and things will get better. I wish that you did not live so far away and I could come over and bring you and hour husband a candle light dinner and give you a foot massage.

You have so many friends here who love and support you. Is there so low cost/free counseling in your town....someone professional to share all of this frustration [sh..] with? I encourage you to look into it. Your comment, "I feel as if I could take pills and not wake up" scares me. Please get some help.

Prayers and good thought,
                          HUGS,
                          Susan
                          Last edited by susancook; 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM. Reason: more thoughts....
                          Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                          2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                          2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                          2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                          2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                          2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• I hope you can do as Susan suggests Melissa, though I know everything costs money. I am hoping there are some not for profit agencies who can offer you counselling...we have them here. I think having someone to pour this all out to, your story from the beginning, the scoliosis, the diabetes, and go from there, face to face, might go some way towards offloading a little. You have far too much to be carrying around.

I hope Marc's job is working out well for him.

One day, perhaps you might write a book about your experiences, and offload the lot. Meantime, one step at a time. I hope you have some good friends, though I know you haven't been in California for long. Thinking of you and as always, wishing you well.

Comment

• Melissa
                              have you talked to legal aid...? i would look them up in the nearest
                              city to you,....at least talk to them on the phone...
                              also, have you tried talking to court about your difficulty in paying
                              a lawyer due to your medical bills...???
                              please do not give up...
                              if you have had a counselor in the past, now is the time to call
                              them and ask to see them immediately....
                              everything is confidential...you could ask them for advice to find
                              legal help as well...
                              there are people who are pulling for you...
                              maybe that doesn't help right now in the middle of all this stress
                              and torment...but it is true.

thoughts and prayers to you....
                              jess...& Sparky

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your prayers and suggestions. I will follow them up here

Have a good weekend
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X