Hurricane Irene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
    I hope you dont mind me asking but is that what you call them over there? Here we call them Guinea pigs.
    I have 2 myself and they make the most wonderful pet :-)

Hope all is well.X
    LOL. No I coined "microswine." They are guinea pigs here also. :-)

All mine are from animal shelters and rodent rescues. I just take as many as I can because the excess pig problem is off the hook at all times.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

We call them guinea pigs too.

Still waiting to hear from Sally. I guess the power is out. Hope everyone's ok and can relax now.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Very cute Sharon. I actually thought you were referring to those miniature pigs that are all the rage right now.

There are lots and lots of outages in NC and I'll bet it takes a few days to get the power back on..
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
          We call them guinea pigs too.

Still waiting to hear from Sally. I guess the power is out. Hope everyone's ok and can relax now.
          When I called about my power outage, the recording said over 217,000 folks in eastern NC had no power. They said it might take a few days to get everyone back on the grid.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

hi Sharon
            forgot you are in NC...so sorry you lost power, but glad you are OK...
            hope the crews get on it fast!

jess

Comment

I am the REAL Irene.

I have never had a hurricane with my name before. It is really weird riding around seeing signs for "Goodnight Irene."

Sally, I was thinking of you and hope you weathered the storm ok. Please keep us informed. Also, has the pain lessened?

Western MA had lots of rain and flooding. Eastern MA, where I live, had lots of wind and rain. We lost power for about 8 hours but it is back on tonight. We have lots of branches and leaves to clean up around the house.

Hope everyone is safe.

IRENE

Comment

Sally here reporting from storm ravaged eastern North Carolina. We are OK. Everyone in New Bern is safe but there is a lot of personal property damage from fallen trees and rising waters. Fortunate for us, we bought a piece of land that hasn't flooded in over 100 years. We sustained minor roof damage, minor damage to a porch railing and a broken picture window. Next storm, it will definitely be boarded up. Our power, phones and cell phones were out until last night. Cell phones were spotty the days following the storm. Other than that, we were pretty well prepared for a hurricane and extended electrical outage. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Yes, the pain subsided when the pressure started to rise. I have never seen the barometer so low before. Take care everyone. We will be busy catching up in the next few days. We need to get some food in the house.
                Sally
                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Sally,
                  So glad to hear you weathered the storm without anything too serious & that the power is back on. We were all thinking of you and all the other East Coasters. Janet
                  Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                  Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                  Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                  Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                  T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Wow Sally, that must have been scary. We had some strong winds, but not that strong I guess! I'm glad to hear you report in; we were wondering about you!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

so glad you are OK, Sally...smart to check the flood history before
                      you bought your place!
                      i know how bad the damage is...southern CT is a mess...many houses crumpled under
                      waves, winds, or rivers...we were very lucky here...surrounding streets lost power til this
                      morning, but our street did not!
                      i feel bad for all who sustained so much damage...Vermont looks like an awful mess on TV!

jess

Comment

Good to hear from you Sally! Glad your home wasn't too badly damaged and that your pain is easing.
                        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok and that you are feeling better as well.

This was quite a storm on the East coast. It is always so difficult without electricity and phone service.

Take care with the clean up.

Comment

Sally

Good to see everything is ok. Heck, you do a scoli surgery and you can handle anything.....

We figured you were out surfing....

Ed
                            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Sally,

Glad that you are doing OK both with your back and the storm

Melissa
                              Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
                                Sally

Good to see everything is ok. Heck, you do a scoli surgery and you can handle anything.....

We figured you were out surfing....

Ed
                                Ed, You are so right about being able to handle anything. I did a lot of praying, not only for myself, but for people in the neighborhood and for those having surgery. Surfing - I would have been blown to New York, right up the Hudson river and beyond. Haha!
                                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
                                X