Rash under breasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rash under breasts

I have had a rash under my breasts for about 3 weeks now. It is not getting any better,it is itching and burning. My surgeon was concerned about it so I went to see my regular doctor who said that it is just a heat rash and that I can go ahead with surgery on 9/9. She gave me a cream

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Melissa,
    It could also be a rash cause by yeast. Did your Doctor do a culture of the affected skin? I hope the cream works for you.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I wonder if your brace can be altered to allow that area to breathe a little? I hope it clears up for you Melissa. How are you going otherwise?
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
        Melissa,
        It could also be a rash cause by yeast. Did your Doctor do a culture of the affected skin? I hope the cream works for you.

Sally
        What are the signs that it could be a rash caused by yeast? She did not do a culture. I have been using the cream for 24 hours and I do not see any change Yet

Melissa
        Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
          I wonder if your brace can be altered to allow that area to breathe a little? I hope it clears up for you Melissa. How are you going otherwise?
          The brace cannot be altered but I did get 2 15 minutes breaks every day where , as long as I do not do anything, I can take the brace off and let my breasts breathe.

September 9th is not that far off. After that surgery, he told me that I will only have to wear a soft corset brace.

Meliis
          Melissa

Comment

Hi Melissa, it sounds like from the posts you are wearing a hard brace in prep for surgery? If it's a heat rash, my kid used to get that frequently in the summer wearing her hard brace for all kinds of sports and activities. We used over the counter cort-aid spray. It dries very quickly and does not leave moisture which I think can contribute to the rash. Give it as much air as you are permitted. Some use Benedryl spray. I topped it off the an oral antihistimine. Rash always dissipated quickly. To keep it under control, corn starch might be helpful. Hope you find a solution.
            mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
            Providence night brace, increased to 35*
            Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
            14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
            11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
            Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
            latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
            currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Originally posted by mamandcrm View Post
              Hi Melissa, it sounds like from the posts you are wearing a hard brace in prep for surgery? If it's a heat rash, my kid used to get that frequently in the summer wearing her hard brace for all kinds of sports and activities. We used over the counter cort-aid spray. It dries very quickly and does not leave moisture which I think can contribute to the rash. Give it as much air as you are permitted. Some use Benedryl spray. I topped it off the an oral antihistimine. Rash always dissipated quickly. To keep it under control, corn starch might be helpful. Hope you find a solution.
              Good suggestions. Yes I am wearing a hard brace because of my prior surgery on July 18. It is only until September 9 not too far off

Melissa
              Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                What are the signs that it could be a rash caused by yeast? She did not do a culture. I have been using the cream for 24 hours and I do not see any change Yet

Melissa
                Melissa, All I can tell you is that my mother had a yeast infection under her breasts several years ago when she was living with us. It looked like any other rash - red and itchy. It was in the summertime and she didn't want to wear a bra. Her breasts were saggy, so it got moist under there and the yeast took over. I don't recall an odor, but there may have been one. I would request a culture if I were you since you have another surgery coming. Yeast can take over almost anywhere in or on you body when you have been given antibiotics as I am sure you were given during your surgery. I ended up with a yeast infection in my mouth when I had my surgeries.
                Sally
                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
                  Melissa, All I can tell you is that my mother had a yeast infection under her breasts several years ago when she was living with us. It looked like any other rash - red and itchy. It was in the summertime and she didn't want to wear a bra. Her breasts were saggy, so it got moist under there and the yeast took over. I don't recall an odor, but there may have been one. I would request a culture if I were you since you have another surgery coming. Yeast can take over almost anywhere in or on you body when you have been given antibiotics as I am sure you were given during your surgery. I ended up with a yeast infection in my mouth when I had my surgeries.
                  Sally
                  Sounds like my situation. I will call the doctor in the morning

Melissa
                  Melissa

Comment

Some great advice there, Mamandcrm and Sally!

Good luck getting rid of it Melissa.

Comment

Hello,

The rash is getting much better.Thanks for all the suggestions

Melissa
                      Melissa

Comment

That's good to hear Melissa.

Comment

yesterday, Dr Bederman told me that I have to wean myself off the brace in the next 10 days. That will certainly help my rash

Melissa
                          Melissa

Comment

Well , without the brace the rash is gone . My pain is very bad

Melissa
                            Melissa

Comment

So glad to hear the rash is gone but so sorry about your pain. Roll on surgery. I can only imagine how much you want this all over and done with. One more week, isn't it? Hope it goes quickly Melissa.

Comment

Working...
                              X