Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever heard of Myotherapy to help Scoliosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of Myotherapy to help Scoliosis?

Hello - I am just wondering if anyone has heard of this - specifically the Bonnie Pruden method of myotherapy to help scoliosis?

hi marykay
    i never heard of it..so i looked it up on internet...
    this is part of what it said on bonnie pruden's website....

".....a method of relaxing muscle spasm, improving circulation and alleviating pain. To defuse "trigger points," pressure is applied to the muscle for several seconds by means of fingers, knuckles and elbows. The success of this method depends on the use of specific corrective exercise for the freed muscles. The method was developed by Bonnie Prudden in 1976."

perhaps it can help with pain....just as massage can make one feel better temporarily....
    but i know it cannot straighten out curved spines...

i would encourage you to seek out a good pain management doctor or physiatrist...while you evaluate whether or not you want to have surgery...it helps to be able to think with a clear head, free of pain...hard to make important decisions while hurting....

i think anything that can alleviate pain is good...as long as it is not expensive...short termrelief should not cost a whole lot of money....especially when the treatment must be
    repeated over and over....

best of luck
    jess

Comment

This people seems to have a great knowledge about trigger points and so many other concepts.
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...s-or-surgeons&

Comment

Trigger release massages, we have experienced that with positive results.

Pain reduction, improved balance of muscles, and better posture.

Cost is about $70 for an hour of massage with trigger release points addressing tight muscles.

age 15
        Daughter diagnosed at age 13
        T20 l23 10-09
        T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
        T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
        T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
        Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
        Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

Working...