Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I expect to feel at 10 months post op?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I expect to feel at 10 months post op?

Hi everyone,

Im now 10 months post op and dont feel like im improving anymore.
    I still have pain most days and I know sometimes I perhaps overdo things but surely I should now be able to do most general chores?

I am currently waiting for a CT scan to see if I have a leg length discrepancy but I have a feeling the problem is within my pelvis.I have a very tight hip for which im about to start hydrotherapy.

I feel disappointed that I cant cook a family roast without getting that awful tightness which pushes me to have to lie down-this is how I felt pre-surgery :-(

Should I expect to improve anymore or is this is?
    Im feeling a little negative about it all at the moment.
    Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Hi...

Sorry to hear that you're not doing better. Everyone recovers at different rates. With that said, if you can't stand in the kitchen for a few hours (on and off), I suspect you still have something wrong. Where is your pain? And, why do they need a CT scan to measure leg length discrepancy? As you probably already surmised, the discrepancy is usually in the pelvis and not the legs.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

My PT held my legs down straight when I was lying on the bed and she looked at my ankle bones together when she suggested I had leg length discrepancy, she said a small shoe raise may help.Yet my GP said I have a tilted pelvis-confused!!

When I mentioned this to my surgeon he was a little annoyed and said he dosnt want it treated until its diagnosed as using a shoe raise without diagnosis can cause problems.I supect he thinks the problem is within my pelvis.

On a positive note I started hydrotherpy yesterday and it was great! I really felt like I was stretching my muscles and today I feel pretty good, I have another session next week so im hoping this is going to help me a lot :-)
      Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Comment

just a thought but did they check your sacroiliac joint?

My ankles/legs are different lengths when my s/i joint is out. My PT was the first to tell me about this and popped me back in. I am always more susceptable to this now but they taught me to put myself back in. I first had this with pregnancy and thought that it was sciatica from the scoli and pregnancy together. My OB/GYN did too and sent me to PT where they found it and told me that it is common with back probs and with pregnancy both. I cannot tell you the feeling when it was popped back in, it hurt good, I guess. HTH
        Heidi
        35 year old mother of 2 lil girls
        60 degree thoracic
        44 degree lumbar
        Oct. 11, 2010 surgery
        Dr. Lenke St. Louis
        1 year follow up: 15 degree thoracic, 22 lumbar
        fused T1 to L1

Comment

Hi bluestone,
          I had a rough recovery, I have to repeat this, it's great to share just not wise to compare!!!
          When I had to do things in the kitchen and I got tired or sore from standing to long, I would take my computer chair, could raise it and lower it, and worked like that.

I call it my 'Adapt and Adjust Mode',
          Shari

Comment

Working...
          X