X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
    i am so sorry you are still suffering, Melissa
    but as Linda said, it is early....
    you are in my thoughts and prayers for improvement every day, until you are able to sleep and do normal daily activities...
    i hope you feel better every day!

jess
    Thank you Jess for your prayers and kind words

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Can you try to catch up on some sleep during the day? (I know this isn't always possible.) Sleep is so important to keep our spirits up and to heal. If not, I hope tonight is much better. I think these bad nights are pretty normal and not indicative of something wrong. You had a huge surgery, and have so much healing to do, and are doing incredibly well, all things considered.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
        Can you try to catch up on some sleep during the day? (I know this isn't always possible.) Sleep is so important to keep our spirits up and to heal. If not, I hope tonight is much better. I think these bad nights are pretty normal and not indicative of something wrong. You had a huge surgery, and have so much healing to do, and are doing incredibly well, all things considered.
        For the most part, I can sleep during the day. Of course , today, when I finally fell asleep around 7am, I hear the doorbell ringing and I so want it to be part of my dream but it isn't. It is the piano tuner, bright and early at 9am. In the 4 weeks since surgery, I have not had many nights that I can not sleep. So for that I consider myself lucky.

Melissa
        Melissa

Comment

Congratulations on your very successful surgery, Melissa. I'm amazed at how much
          energy you have. I hope you have a better night's sleep tonight. My first couple of weeks home I had some bad nights lying awake waiting for my next dose of pain
          medication but I found turning on the light and reading a funny book (Bossypants
          by Tina Fey) really helped. Nothing's worse than lying in the dark in pain.

Best wishes and, again, congratulations!

Mary, 54 years old
          T57, L43
          surgery - 7/05/11 - Dr. Boachie , Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
          T2-T12, posterior

Comment

Originally posted by boomergal View Post
            Congratulations on your very successful surgery, Melissa. I'm amazed at how much
            energy you have. I hope you have a better night's sleep tonight. My first couple of weeks home I had some bad nights lying awake waiting for my next dose of pain
            medication but I found turning on the light and reading a funny book (Bossypants
            by Tina Fey) really helped. Nothing's worse than lying in the dark in pain.

Best wishes and, again, congratulations!

Mary, 54 years old
            T57, L43
            surgery - 7/05/11 - Dr. Boachie , Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
            T2-T12, posterior
            Thank you Mary. I did not have a good night last night either . It is my neck , not my back that is bothering me. I cannot seem to find a comfortable position in bed to be in. I slept in a chair. I do not understand why my neck is bothering me now. I slept just fine while in the rehab. I did order some books from my library and I need to go get them

Melissa
            Melissa

Comment

hi Melissa
              suggestion...the question is...what is different in your bed from how you slept at rehab?
              pillow? mattress? position of pillow?

i jsut thought that if you can solve that problem, you could get a nite's sleep...
              any chance you could call someone at the rehab and discuss the problem?

hope you get a decent nite's sleep soon!

jess

Comment

Working...
              X