Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been to Dr Antonacci in Princeton, NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Dr Antonacci in Princeton, NJ?

I've been to 3 doctors now for consultations, Dr Boachi in NY, Dr Kim in NY and Dr Antonacci for revision surgery. I'm leaning towards Dr Antonacci since he would do a more minimally invasive procedure and he says his recovery time is much less - about 1 month compared to 3-6 with others. But I'm nervous if he is "good enough". How do I know if what he suggests will be enough. Or if the best option is to go with someone who is more invasive which might be better in the long run. We're going to go back and ask more questions but it is such a hard decision to make. I felt most comfortable with him but of course that doesn't mean he is the best. Thanks for any help!
    Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
    Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
    Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

Hi, I called his office spoke to his assistant, (I had Flatback and Saggital Imbalance) she had to check to see if he did that revision surgery, and get back to me, being his assistant don't you think she should have known that. I had been to Johns Hopkins but just checking out other Dr. I had surgery at Hopkins. good luck LU

Comment

P.S. It's Lu again, revision surgery is INVASIVE so ask Dr. Antonacci more questions. You would not want to have this again a few years from now. good luck LU

Comment

I found that his staff was not the most friendliest and knowledgeable either but when I met with him personally I found him to be very intelligent and he seemed very proactive at explaining what he would do and how he specializes in revisions like this. We were frustrated waiting in the office since his staff the day of the appt were short with us and snapped at other patients. We kept telling ourselves that they won't be doing the surgery, he is but it doesn't help when the staff is like that. I'm always surprised that doctors like them would be ok with a bad staff.
        Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
        Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
        Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

Comment

hi nancy
          if you are interested in minimally invasive approach, which is less invasive...though no surgery is "cut free" and all surgery requires some degree of cutting (or "poking"), Dr Lonner in NYC uses minimally invasive approach as one of his approaches...
          one of the surgeons who uses the approach exclusively is Dr Neel Anand, but he is in LA, at Cedars, if you are interested or able to fly out to the west coast....
          there are others using minimally invasive as one of their approaches outside of the ones i named...i have even met one in CT...which really surprised me, as his office is located in a small town...
          MI approach is newer, but i personally believe it is the future...
          certain minimally invasive surgeries began to be available in the past, like arthroscopic surgery for knees, ankles, gallbladder removal, etc...
          there are some on forum who mistrust minimally invasive approach for spinal surgery, but every surgery was new at one time...

if you are interested, Dr Neel Anand has an interesting web site with videos and other info on the subject...i flew out to see Anand 1 year ago January, and spoke to a few of his post surgery patients...they were all very happy up to 5 years post surgery...

best of luck...
          jess

Comment

Working...
          X