Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had 2nd surgery to be fused to sacrum? Loss of mobility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lu - I'm so glad to hear you are doing ok. It gives me hope that I will soon get through this and be ok!
    Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
    Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
    Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

Comment

More fusion

Originally posted by organicnancy View Post
      Lu - that is so great that you grew! I remember my original surgery and wishing I was alot taller, I had only gained about 1-2 inches at the time. And you're only about 1 month out of surgery and sounds like you are doing really well.

Linda - that does make alot of sense about the anterior and posterior. I like to understand so when the surgeon is explaining things, it will make more sense. The 2 I went to for consults so far both said they would just fuse from the back. I'm going to a 3rd though so we'll see what he says. I'm so nervous as you totally understand since you just went through it. I wish I could just fast forward to be done and recovering! Thank you so much for your help.
      Hi Nancy I was wondering if you chose a surgeon? I've come to accept I can not go to Dr Lenke ( out of network ) or any Dr at HSS they are out of network too. Good luck on your search

Comment

Hi Lisa, I'm still stressing over what to do. I've been still researching other doctors but not coming up with any good options. I might still go to a few at HSS. I even called my last surgeon Dr Antonacci in Princeton and they said he no longer sees adults! i was shocked and they referred me to 2 surgeons at HSS and when i looked them up, they were more herniated disc type surgeons. I remember a lot of discussion about Dr Lonner, not sure if he is till considered a good dr, have you looked in to him?
        Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
        Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
        Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

Comment

Dr search

Hi Nancy , I've talked to one person who had scoliosis correct as an adult by Dr Lonner and she is very happy( not revision) but the forum has him as one of the better ones . I'm having a difficult time with this decision too. You can text me too 631-704-4008 . Can you tell me what Dr Lenke wanted to do that you felt was too much ? I'm considering going out of network as a trade off for peace of mind . Good luck Lisa

Comment

Hss

Originally posted by CindiBarna View Post
            Dear LU
            Why do you need to go in for a second surgery on June 21st? What did you have done the first time? Im going in in August for a revision surgery with getting fully fused, and getting 3 osteotomies. This brilliant dr. is only going in posterior. He stopped doing a/p two years ago.
            This is being done at Hospital For Special Surgery in New York.
            Cindi
            Hi I was wondering what Dr did your surgery at HSS ? I need a Harrington rod revision and full fusion. Thanks hope your feeling great

Comment

Working...
            X