Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pain med

Hello!

Percocet was the pain med our doctor gave Jamie, she was probably on it for a week and 1/2, then she went down to OTC Motrin for maybe another few days.

pat

Comment

Thanks again to all of you for responding. I called the nurse in the surgeon's office today and asked if they could call in a prescription for Tylenol 3. Jamie really doesn't have any pain, just discomfort. She went for over seven hours today without asking for a pain pill! I'm so amazed at her progress! Our main problem is that we can't get any sleep. She needs to change positions pretty often throughout the night and usually asks me to change the pillow from between her knees to under her knees, etc. I was hoping to maybe switch her off to Tylenol during the day and use the Tylenol 3 just at night. Her not sleeping at night is starting to catch up with her. She took a nap today and hasn't done that since Thursday while still in the hospital.

Does anyone make donations to the Scoliosis Foundation and receive the newsletter "BackTalk?" We send donations through the United Way and we received our first newsletter while in the hospital. I just got around to reading it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to read about the exact procudure that was done on Jamie! This procedure is for Kyphois and they perform a Smith-Peterson osteotomy before installing the rods and between using the bone from that and some synthetic bone mixed with Jamie's blood, that's where they got the bone for fusion. No need to remove ribs or bone from the hip. If anyone's interested in hearing more about this procedure, let me know.

Mary Lou

Comment

jamies home

wow, seven hours without a pill!! That is awesome! How long are you home now for? Nicole didn't sleep through the night for the first week home and then after that she did. She still stays in one position all night long since the surgery. I know in the hospital when they used to roll her from one side to another at the beginning she hated it but after a few days she would wake up and be very uncomfortable and want to change positions.
        Well, hope you guys get some sleep soon. Sounds like she is doing great though!! Keep us posted on her progress.
        Jennifer.

Comment

Working...
        X