one year post-op from bone decompression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one year post-op from bone decompression

I saw Dr. Rand May 19th and reported only minor improvement since my last surgery. He feels it could still improve in another year. I guess he is more hopeful than I am. He is seeing arthritic changes in the vertebrae above my fusion and arthritic changes in my cervical vertebrae. He said it looks like two of the cervical vertebrae may have fused themselves which didn't surprise me since my range of motion has diminished and I am having daily pain in my neck, not so severe that I have to take pain meds though. He did suggest I take anti-inflammatories for the pain as needed. He said arthritis comes with aging. Darn!

Sorry about starting a new thread Linda. I didn't have the time to look back to find my old thread. If you want to move this, go ahead.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Hi Sally...

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues.

Radiographically, my neck has been a mess for about 20 years. I originally had a lot of pain, and had to walk around for several months with my head tilted toward the left. But, I've been doing daily range of motion exercises for the last 18+ years, and almost never have neck pain any more. It takes less than a minute to do the exercises every morning. I'm not sure that you'd have the same success, but it would definitely be worth a try.

You can see how to do the various exercises here:

http://www.ehow.com/video_2259474_ge...l-therapy.html

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda,
      I have been doing exercises similar to that for several years, but with our move to N. Carolina, I have let them slip. I guess I better get back to them before I lose more range of motion. I hope you are doing well after you revision surgery.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
      X