Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have kids using the providence brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have kids using the providence brace?

Youngest daughter's curves have progressed - the lower one is 33 degrees, so doctor has ordered a providence brace for her. Anyone have kids using the providence brace? If so, any thoughts, advice, or tips? Thanks

Hi, my daughter wore a Providence for about 5 months. She adjusted to it quite quickly. She liked (and still likes) the thicker brace shirts that you can get from your orthotist. She also likes her 2-inch foam mattress topper, though she slept fine without one too. You may need to go one size up in PJs so they fit comfortably over the brace. We didn't have much problem so I don't have many tips along those lines. I think most kids adjust pretty well to the night braces, some right away, some with a little time. If you daughter is nervous or is uncomfortable in the brace at first, reassure her she will become used to it, and if adjustments are necessary they can be made. Hope all goes well for you.
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Working...
    X