Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had good results with Bone Growth Stimulator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have a chance at fusion with the steroids out of my system hopefully by now. I had injections..
    I have post herpetic neurolgia in my back or possibly a hypersensativity to the metal implants. Alot of pain so I just cant wear it now. i wish I could. I did get supsenders before from the company. Thank you so much for your help. I wish you good luck and prayers with your fusion.

Comment

Hi leanne!

I was wondering how you're doing and just realized that many of our friends are now here in the revisions section.

So sorry to hear you're still having pain, are the shingles under control now?

I wore my bone growth stimulator every day for 4 hours for the first 6 months of recovery. I never had any pain associated with it, but it wasn't comfortable by a long shot, and it was always slipping down. My surgeon had said when I first got it, some people can feel it, or feel "warm" when they use it, but I didn't feel a thing. The funny thing was my husband could feel it, it made his arm feel warm if he laid it over it while I was wearing it...and he didn't even know that could happen, so it wasn't psychosomatic... so weird!

As I'm almost 7 months post-op now, I've still got a while I guess before we'll know how well the thing worked...but so far so good for me.

Anyway, my thought was, if it helps even a LITTLE, it's worth the aggravation. But that's coming from someone who had a very smooth recovery! If it was annoying to me, I can't imagine what if feels like to you!

Hope you start feeling better soon!
      Blessings,
      Rebecca
      Dx w/ scoli @ age 12 S curves T-40* L-42*
      wore night bending brace as teenager
      Curves changed to 50's plus or minus
      herniated disc L2-3, Discectomy October 2007
      fusion L2-3 November 2008
      Revision L2-3 Fusion, Removal of hardware August 2009
      Curves measuring 52 T&L September 2010
      Fused T4-L4, all posterior December 27th 2010
      gained almost two inches in height

Before and After Exterior
      Before and After X-rays
      My blog: http://herscoliosisjourney.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thinking of you Leanne.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I will probably give the BGS a try again. Just a little scared to as I dont want to aggravate anymore pain of postherpetic neurolgia or neuropathy. I am also extremely nervous about getting shingles again, and aggravating something and bringing it out. I know thats crazy but once youve had it in the spine where your implants are, it is not something you ever want to get again.
          I'll say a pray that you have fusion!!!!!! I hope that I do some day. Some intereference with that, but God's in charge !!!

Comment

Working...
          X