No announcement yet.

My daughter needs surgery this summer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter needs surgery this summer.

Hi,
    I am new to forum. I'm thankful for all the info.
    My little girl 12 yrs has 59 degree upper and 35 lower
    Dr Gutpa- UC Davis says we need surgery this summer.
    We are going to try to do it through Shriners as I hear they are great.
    I am super scared and anxious. You would think I was the one getting surgery.

They are doing MRI soon as one of her legs was hyper something. (bounced higher than other when tapped) Her curve is to the R so he did not think it was going to be a problem with spinal cord?
    She has not had menses yet and Dr said she would be growing another 7 inches.
    Any helpful suggestions and feedback would be appreciated

My son and I are at Shriners in Portland OR right now dealing with his severe scoliosis and they have been amazing, so I definitely recommend them. Hope all goes well with your daughter.
    Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
    Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
    Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
    http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

hi i'm Kara. I had surgery done by Dr Gupta at Uc davis last spring. my curves right T 50* and left L 39*. when the T cuvre is on the left the uselly a problem. I was a shriners patient they are really great there.
      Last edited by kennedy; 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM.
      Kara
      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
      Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
      T4-L2
      Before 50T
      After 20T

Comment

Originally posted by Elisa View Post
        My son and I are at Shriners in Portland OR right now dealing with his severe scoliosis and they have been amazing, so I definitely recommend them. Hope all goes well with your daughter.
        - I just read your blog. What a journey you and your son have had. Thank you for your transparancy and honesty. I am so glad to read about your positive story and Elias recovery. It gives me hope and courage.
        Hopefully we will get call from Shriners tomorrow. MRI is neXt week too...
        Take good care. KR

Comment

Working...
        X