No announcement yet.

sacroiliac joint injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so Jess. If so, it should come good with rest and time. Take it easy.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

your concern and kindness is always appreciated, Jen..
      thank you!

jess

Comment

well, the sacroiliac joint shots have just started to slowly wear off...lasted a few weeks beyond 2 month mark, and the relief to lumbar area has been wonderful...they are the ONLY shots that have ever helped relieve pain in lumbar area at all!...
        i may make it to 3 months...i have an appt with doc who did them July 6th, for follow up...can't get in sooner...and that date we should be able to schedule another round of the SI joint injections....i do not want to give the lumbar area pain the chance to get really bad again....

i got my botox shots in upper back June 22nd....to relieve thoracic spasms....

i cannot begin to explain how very grateful i am that the SI joint injections for lumbar pain help...NOTHING else did...and i tried a whole lotta shots!

i am afraid i might "jinx" it if i say it again....

jess

Comment

I'm glad something works for you Jess. Life is not much fun when you are in constant pain. Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

hey Sally
            thanks...you are so right!

i hope you are pain free and enjoying your new home in North Carolina...

wishing you a wonderful summer!
            jess...and Sparky

Comment

So Jess, can you do these shots every few months form now on? That would be very good. And it seems you have solved the thoracic spasms already with the Botox shots.

So you would have a narcotic free, pain-free situation. That would be ideal.

Sharon
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

hey Sharon
                saw doc today....earliest appt i can get for SI joint shots is August 9th, unless someone cancels...
                interesting...doc will be gone for 2 weeks...he is speaking in...Norway, i think he said...on minimally invasive scoli surgery that he does here in US...he knows Lonner and he knows Anand...

the shots do not relieve all pain....shots of botox in thoracic area relieve about 65% of upper back pain...SI joint injections relieve about 80% of lower back pain...which i am beyond grateful for, as nothing else relieved that pain, and it is the worst back pain i have ever had...
                i can get the SI joint shots about very 3 months or so...same for botox...
                all the shots combined greatly reduce the amount of oral pain meds i need....do not eliminate the need completely, though...but i am MOST grateful for any relief i can get!!!

hope your 4th was great...
                jess

Comment

Working...
                X