Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to all of this...

Hi all,
    I was diagnosed 10 years ago, my doctor acted like it was no big deal and that I didn't need to do anything about it (I was 18 when diagnosed, 28 now), and now I'm in pretty severe pain after having my first child last year. I have started seeing a doctor who is about to order an MRI and send me to a neurologist.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me hints on what to expect here. Thanks.

Ryanne

Hi Ryanne,

Welcome to the fold. When you get your MRI and xrays, let us know how much the curve has increased to.

It could be that you have no change in curvature (a lot of women's curves seem to increase with pregnancy - based on my scoli mom friends), and can be treated with phys therapy, pain meds like tramadol, and maybe even steroid injections. You won't know until you know what you're dealing with.

In any case, we're here and there is a broad array of experience on this board. Best of luck to you.
    Female, age 38
    4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
    currently 64*upper/40*lower
    Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
    now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

Thread moved from Parents forum to Adult Non-Surgical forum.
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X