ESI helpful??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESI helpful??

Has anyone had any luck with epidural steroid injection in the lumbar spine? My curve is mostly lumbar and I have a lot of radiculopathy down the legs. Just wondering if ESIs are beneficial. I have been seeing a scoliosis "expert" who won't commit one way or another. Also, anybody tried Cymbalta for pain relief? It is now FDA approved for low back pain and was wondering if anyone has had any luck.

Hi...

Injections can be very helpful. The majority of people who have radiculopathy get some relief, if the injection is done by a very experienced doctor. If the injection helps at all, it can result in pain relief for weeks, months, or even years. The good news, in terms of radiculopathy, is that if the injection works, it is a good indication that surgery will resolve the nerve pain.

I had injections last year. The first injections were 100% effective, but only for about a month. The second set of injections weren't helpful at all. The third set were effective, but only for about a week. All injections were done by the same doctor.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X