Latex Foam Beds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex Foam Beds

I have ordered a new bed, a Vera Wang by Serta Latex foam bed, and was wondering if anyone else has one of these beds and how do you like it. The price has come way down on them, so I thought now was the time to try one. I have quite a bit of pain in my low back by bed time and hopefully this bed will work for me. I did not like the memory foam mattress topper that I bought a couple of years ago, but that was probably because my mattress had dished somewhat even though it was only about five years old. With the foam topper on it, I would get stuck and not be able to roll over.
    Sally
    Last edited by loves to skate; 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM.
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

I have the Select Comfort Sleep Number bed and love it. I also bought a 2" latex foam topper, as Ed suggested and have had no difficulty moving around in the bed. This is not "memory" foam.

Good luck!!
    Irene

Comment

Irene, how does the foam topper work with the select comfort? I too have (and love) my select comfort and was curious about that.
      Female, age 38
      4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
      currently 64*upper/40*lower
      Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
      now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

The foam topper works just fine. We put it under the "regular" mattress pad and then made the bed. The inflation works as it always does. Whatever you are using for your "number" may remain the same. It has for me. It is just that you have some added padding. I have mine at 45 and my husband has his at 100. It doesn't make the bed "softer." My husband is still satisfied with the 100.

Comment

I vacillate between 40 and 30 and my husband's a 45, so we like softer beds anyway. I may give this a try!
          Female, age 38
          4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
          currently 64*upper/40*lower
          Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
          now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

That is the beauty of the Select Comfort sleep number beds. I'm set at 65, and my hubby likes a softer bed, so he is at 45. It is so cool to be able to have both partners find their own comfort level in the same bed. I have had it for 12 years now and have never had a problem with anything. And just ask anyone about how much easier it is to move than a mattress!!! And if you need squishy, add a foam topper and VOILA, you have the best of both worlds. Too bad you all don't live closer...I bought a a nice foam topper and couldn't use it. I could have let someone try it out to see if they liked it...
            Jenee'-52
            Bend, Oregon

Braced 3 years in high school
            Lumbar 70'+ Thoracic 70'+
            I had 3" shrinkage in 6 months...

Surgery Jan 10, 2011
            9 hours
            T3 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Both curves now 35'

Possible revison for Flatback Syndrome
            Non-fusion
            Loose/broken hardware-awaiting CT results

Here is the link to my before and after pics..
            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt......&highlight=

Comment

Working...
            X