Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50% fused at 4 1/2 months-is this average or good??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50% fused at 4 1/2 months-is this average or good??

Had a CT scan from a surgeon for pain back on March 18th due to pain to see if hardware was ok at 4 /1/2 months- a surgeon I went to for a 2nd opinion at the U of M.
    He said hardware was fine and that I am "approximately 50% fused, some areas are fused, some not ."
    I didnt ask if this was normal or good at 4 1/2 months. 50% at 4 1/2 months, some areas not fused and some are, is this normal according to others who know more about this ?

I just reported the spammer.
    Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
    Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
    Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Hi...

The only thing I would be worried about are the areas that aren't showing any fusion. That may be completely normal at 4-1/2 months, but those areas may be causing pain.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

LindaRacine

The radiologist's report didnt even mention what fusion there was, his report just said hardware stuff..
        The dr looked at the Ct itself and called me and said I had about 50% fusion, some areas are some arent.. He just then sent a letter saying,
        "There is no evidence of complete fusion at all levels"..
        I requested the CT scan on disc and have it here to take to my surgeon next week. I wonder if I looked at it what I would see... Not sure I want to look..

Comment

mgs

I'm not sure what spammer youre talking about... (?)

Comment

Linda Racine

Thank you for looking out for us Linda! )

Comment

Working...
            X