Non X-ray diagnostic techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non X-ray diagnostic techniques

Being concerned about the effect of radiation on my daughter, I came across some non X-ray techniques for monitoring scoliosis. Has anyone's doctor used any of these:
    The Quantec system
    OrthoScan's Ortelius 800

I am not aware of measurment techniques that do not require e-rays. Remember it is important to get an exact measurement of the curve or curves. Good luck.

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly
      I am not aware of measurment techniques that do not require e-rays. Remember it is important to get an exact measurement of the curve or curves. Good luck.

Kelly
      Kelly, why do you feel it is important for 'exact' measurements. Once fitted for a brace, what different would be done if a curve for example measured 28deg rather than 25deg? Is exactness worth the long term effects of the additional radiation?

Comment

Radiation

Bamaro.

Hi, you say your concerned with radiation. I have had over 25 X-rays over the past 19 years, and I am fine. If your daughter is going for checkups every 6 months, then she will not have x-rays every time.
        If you are still concerned then there is one way doctors do check the spine and that is by getting their patient to bend forward and try to touch their toes. This way they can see the spine and they will run their finger down the spine. You can try this as my mother did when I was younger.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X