Senstivie spots on both shoulder blades & odd toe sensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senstivie spots on both shoulder blades & odd toe sensation

I had my suregry on Dec 29th. I was fused from S1 to T3. I have been having the odd sensation of what feeling like wodden pegs protruding from my shoulder blades. One each at where I am told is an accupuncture point. It's really annoying as anytime I leand back in a chair you feel it. And of course there is nothing there. On top of that, last my left big toe started to feel like its pressing on my shoe. Only probplem isI fee that even when I'm bare foot.

Are these normal healing sensations that will pass or should I call my surgeon and seek help?

Donna M

That sound a little like the pain I have. My doctor (not my surgeon) taped a paper clip, pointing toward my pain, xrayed my back, and it was pointing right to a hook! Of course my surgeon didn't want to hear about my pain. Maybe that's whats going on with you, too? I hope your surgeon can figure out the source of your pain.

Comment

One of the few times I notice my "hardware" is when I lean back against something hard--like a church pew or wooden chair. It's not painful, but I can sort of identify with that "wooden peg" sensation. As far as the toe thing (and this may sound off the wall), you might want to check to see if your feet have grown as a result of your surgery and swelling. Mine did and I didn't realize it. My feet really hurt when I did my walking and finally I had them measured. They grew a half size and at a little over a year post-op, have not returned to their original size. Had to do a lot of shoe shopping!

Anne in PA
      Age 58
      Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
      T4 to sacrum fusion
      63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
      Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
      Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Definitely can identify with the "wooden peg" feeling too. Especially church pews! Interesting about the shoe size. Never thought about that but I've gone up a half. Someone told me besides your nose, ears, your feet keep growing too so just thought that was it! I didn't need any of those to grow! Bummer. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Shouler spots and toes

Spoke with my Physical Therapist this morning. The shoulder blade, peg sensation they feel is muscle related. The toe... they were surprised about as that nerve runs down the leg from L4&5. Would normally have leg pain if something was pinched.

I have the toe sensation when barefooted, so don't think my feet have gotten bigger yet. Will keep an eye on that though! <VBG>

Donna M

Comment

Hi,
            Just wanted to add my 2 cents...sciatica is a funny strange thing. I have sciatica in my right leg and when it shows up I feel burny pain in my outer lower leg, ankle, top of my foot , and MY BIG TOE! It is related to my L5 nerve. My right shoulder blade area is extremely tender to touch even one year out from surgery, and I find it difficult to sit in hard chairs. I figure there is a screw in that area that is expecially prominent.
            May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Senstivie cshoulder blades

Just back from my PT appointment today. They said the sensitivity in the shoulder blades is more of a muscle related pressure point. She did a muscle release in that area and the sensation on the shoulder blades went away for a few hours. I guess it's something that will hopefully fade in time. My toe sensation now seems to be coming and going, not constant as before.

Donna M
              Spinal Fusion T2 to S1

Comment

Working...
              X