One year post surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year post surgery

Haven't posted much, but always checking in on everyone. Wanted to post that DD had her one year post surgery check recently and was cleared for all activity!!! Can't believe it's only been a year ago - seems like a lifetime, but she really amazed me through it all.

Asked the Doc if she could ride rollercoasters now, and he said sure. LOL - I thought I was done with the instant aging thing - guess not .

Well, I'm a little grayer, but she is perfectly straight, and no longer in pain. I'm a happy mama

Thinking of all the families going through this and wanted to give you a picture a year out. This was one of the most scary things my family has had to encounter, but the outcome here has been a very good one.

Best Wishes
    Dee
    Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
    Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
    Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Great news Dee!

These surgeons are amazing. Kids salvage their teenage years and get the rest of their life back.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

That is so great to hear and does give me some hope that some day my son will get his life back even though he has a LONG way to go. I told my doctor that this whole process of waiting 18 months to get on with things has aged me from all the stress, worry and anger so hopefully now that his surgeries are a definite go I won't age too much more during this part of the journey otherwise I'm going to have to start dying my hair!
      Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
      Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
      Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
      http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Working...
      X