Thread: Thread hijacking!!!

Exclamation Thread hijacking!!!

I'm sure most of you have noticed that there is a "guest" poster named guarninna that is hijacking many, many threads. This person appears to be trying to push online pharmaceuticals. I'm posting this warning just in case someone, by chance, would fall for this scheme. Hopefully, Linda can remove these posts. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Rohrer-- down at the bottom left of each post, there's a triangle you can click on that reports a post you think is not appropriate. That lets Linda and/or Joe know about posts like that. Not sure if you knew about that.
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 03-17-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: typo
    66 and still heartbroken...
    2007 52 w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior spinal fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15
    2014 DXd w/CMT (type 2)

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Spammers are SO rude! I won't even bother to click on the links he/she posted.
    Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
    Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
    Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
    http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Quote Originally Posted by Susie*Bee View Post
    Rohrer-- down at the bottom left of each post, there's a triangle you can click on that reports a post you think is not appropriate. That let's Linda and/or Joe know about posts like that. Not sure if you knew about that.
    Thanks. I didn't know about that.

Thumbs down On-line pharmaceuticals???

Sale of these are expressly forbidden by Federal law. They can be reported:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/w...mpireSubmit.do
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

i think you are referring to the ones that do not require a prescription...i believe those violate the Federal drug laws...

jess

Exclamation On-line pharmacy sales

Quote Originally Posted by jrnyc View Post
    i think you are referring to the ones that do not require a prescription...i believe those violate the Federal drug laws...

jess
    Au contraire:

They do require a prescription and very often fall under federal Law regarding controlled dangerous sunstances. See link below:
    http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

i don't understand...it says repeatedly that one must have a prescription...it sounds as if it is legal with a legal pharmacy and a valid prescription from a doctor one sees on a regular basis, not some bogus doctor, like the ones in CA writing "medical marijuana" prescriptions for everyone who walks in off the street....
    i know people who send away for their meds at cheaper prices, totally legitimately...

"This means there must be a real doctor-patient relationship, which by most state laws requires a physical examination."

jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 03-21-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Exclamation Illegal Rx sites.

Quote Originally Posted by jrnyc View Post
    i don't understand...it says repeatedly that one must have a prescription...it sounds as if it is legal with a legal pharmacy and a valid prescription from a doctor one sees on a regular basis, not some bogus doctor, like the ones in CA writing "medical marijuana" prescriptions for everyone who walks in off the street....
    i know people who send away for their meds at cheaper prices, totally legitimately...

"This means there must be a real doctor-patient relationship, which by most state laws requires a physical examination."

jess
    The problem has been some sites do not require a prescription. Other sites have an on-line doctor(!?) who writes a prescription without a physical exam-- after a person fills out a questionnaire. This is against the law.