surgical site stinging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgical site stinging?

I just got home from the hospital yesterday after a revision of my original surgery that happened 6 weeks ago. Luckily I haven't really been in any pain or even taken any meds since post-op day 1, but the surgical site has been stinging for a while. This started in the hospital, and the nurses and doctors assured me that it was normal. Any suggesstions ? I know I have to keep it clean and dry, I'm just not sure if ice or something like that has helped anyone. P.S. I now have a brace to keep my movement restricted, and that also irritates the surgical site, but it also stings when sitting without the brace. Thanks!

I would call the doctor and ask what to do. Maybe they will give you something temporarily for the pain. I haven't had scoli surgery, but have had other surgeries and the stinging usually doesn't last long. But again, I wouldn't do anything as far as ice/heat until you call them and ask. I hope you feel better.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

I just noticed how late you posted this. Do you have a nurse advisor line you can call? If not, then maybe you could call and talk to an ER nurse. Hope your night is well.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
      X