Thread: surgical site stinging?

surgical site stinging?

I just got home from the hospital yesterday after a revision of my original surgery that happened 6 weeks ago. Luckily I haven't really been in any pain or even taken any meds since post-op day 1, but the surgical site has been stinging for a while. This started in the hospital, and the nurses and doctors assured me that it was normal. Any suggesstions ? I know I have to keep it clean and dry, I'm just not sure if ice or something like that has helped anyone. P.S. I now have a brace to keep my movement restricted, and that also irritates the surgical site, but it also stings when sitting without the brace. Thanks!

I would call the doctor and ask what to do. Maybe they will give you something temporarily for the pain. I haven't had scoli surgery, but have had other surgeries and the stinging usually doesn't last long. But again, I wouldn't do anything as far as ice/heat until you call them and ask. I hope you feel better.

I just noticed how late you posted this. Do you have a nurse advisor line you can call? If not, then maybe you could call and talk to an ER nurse. Hope your night is well.