Got back from my second visit from my doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got back from my second visit from my doc

well my curves have progressed about 6 on all 3 of them. luckaly my doctor doesnt want to do the surgery yet because it would involve fusing pretty much all of my spine from top to bottom BUT i have to go in for an MRI to check to see if they can find something that is causing my scoliosis. we asked him why he wanted to do that and he said that he wants to look for a condition where the brain stem is lower than it should or some wierd crap like that so now i am worring about that crap and i just cant take this any more. I am at a low to where i might afctually become religious HEHE

ah life sucks

George..

Sorry to hear about your progression. I was progressing about 10 degrees a year over the course of 5 years. It's not fun going to the doctor and finding out things are getting worse.

The reason the docs want to do an MRI is to find out if you have an underlying condition that the curvature is a symptom of IE nervous system abnormalities. I had TCS that was causing my scoliosis; they had to fix that before they could fuse my spine.

Hang in there, do what the docs recommend.

What is your curvature at this point ?

Mine was 62 degrees at the worst point, after 2 surgeries I am fused to 28 degrees. They couldn't go any further b/c of the underlying spinal cord abnormality.

It does get better provided you stick with treatment. It's scary stuff but worth it.

Bryan

Comment

i dont rember but my upper most curve is like around 40 my mid back curve is like 46 and my low back curve in 37 now so ist still not gonna die bad but not exactly slight either hehe

Comment

well i got my MRI over the weekend and tomorrow i get to find out if i have a a problem with my brain hehe i really hate MRI's because i was stuck in there for and hour and 20 mins hearing star wars'ish noises hehe

Comment

u poor people, i have scoliosis myself and it horrible, seing you people talk about there spine curvature increasing is depressing. Its people like you who deserve help and support.

I don't think this condition is taken seriously enough i discovered it myself by accident (only for trying to join the army).
          Doctors should make it there responsibility too find these problems before they get worse.

I wish more was done research and practice to understand this condition as it seems to be so common and disabilitating and can lead to other conditions (depression etc...)

Good luck and happy New year !!

Comment

you know i probobly should have updated this hehe. my mri came back and the doc looked at it and nothing was wrong with me neuroligally so now my orthopedic surgeon just thinks i have weird scoliosis because i dont have the rotation like most of his patiants do. luckaly it only progressed about 6 degrees on all my curves so its not like it went from 40 to 70 in 6 months hehe. still dont have to worry about surgery cause my doctor isnt willing to do it unless its absolutly necessary.

so this x-mas wasnt to bad at least hehe

happy newyears all

Comment

Originally posted by Link_pad

I don't think this condition is taken seriously enough i discovered it myself by accident (only for trying to join the army).
              Doctors should make it there responsibility too find these problems before they get worse.

yeah its not. i stopped seeing my old doctor because he failed to follow procedure in checking for scoliosis. my school acutally found it and had me go to my docotor who did his voodoo x-ray vision thing and just said i was fatter on one side and sent me on my way. it was my chiropractor who decided to take some x-rays to see why my back was in pain and he found it and he has helped me more than my pediatrician ever did.

Comment

Hi George.... I am a 38 year old who had surgery 26 years ago and wore a brace - milwaulkee style for 3 years prior.... I have a lot of insight and personal experience - if you are interested in chatting - i am here.. Soozie

Comment

Originally posted by swilkers
                  Hi George.... I am a 38 year old who had surgery 26 years ago and wore a brace - milwaulkee style for 3 years prior.... I have a lot of insight and personal experience - if you are interested in chatting - i am here.. Soozie
                  hey i got a question i hope you dont mind answering. how much of your spine did they have a fuse for you surgery? or did they do it differently. right now i am not to worried about having to do the surgery right now cause my doctor doesnt want to go down that road unless its really really needed

Comment

George, I think my curve was approx 45 or so.... I have rods from the very top of my spine to the bottom... i am taking my daughter to her dr. next week for 2nd visit... she has a 35 and a 22 degree curve age 10.... big candidate for surgery after she finishes growing... i am taking her to the same dr. I went to... Your curves seem kinda like maybe surgery would be good - unless i guess they are not progressing at all.. I can only say - 26 years with my lovely rods... no issues no pain no nothing bad - and... i have awesome posture I never really thought anything about my rods/surgery until my little girl was diagnosed about 2 months ago... it's amazing how many people have scoliosis to me...

Comment

Originally posted by swilkers
                      George, I think my curve was approx 45 or so.... I have rods from the very top of my spine to the bottom... i am taking my daughter to her dr. next week for 2nd visit... she has a 35 and a 22 degree curve age 10.... big candidate for surgery after she finishes growing... i am taking her to the same dr. I went to... Your curves seem kinda like maybe surgery would be good - unless i guess they are not progressing at all.. I can only say - 26 years with my lovely rods... no issues no pain no nothing bad - and... i have awesome posture I never really thought anything about my rods/surgery until my little girl was diagnosed about 2 months ago... it's amazing how many people have scoliosis to me...
                      well my curves have prgressed abit but not a huge amount so my doctor doesnt want to do the surgery yet cause it would also involve fusing most of my spine sense i have 3 curves and they are spaced evenly i like to think hehe. who knows what will happen hehe

Comment

Working...
                      X