No announcement yet.

Feb 23 came and went

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still swollen, too, through my torso. . .but it's only 7 weeks (today). . .we'll see how it goes. I've been lucky - haven't had any pain meds since my "2 weeks" anniv - but, like you, I want to be fit again (having every muscle in my back sliced 3 times in 1 1/2 years doesn't help). I am considering PT, but so far, I'm just doing some exercise on my own: the treadmill, then some machines for thighs (no strain on my spine) and then an hour of exercise in the warm water pool (so I don't have to fight gravity). . .maybe PT could give me futher direction. I would like to do more upper arm exercises, but am afraid of another non-union. What does your PT have you do?
    Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
    Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
    Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Funny you should say mgs - I asked my PT today if I could do elliptical and he told me to stay away from treadmills, stairclimbers, elliptical and all other gym equipment until I can handle doing all of my PT *and* walk 30 mins a day.

Treadmills pull you along at a steady rate which you may or may not have right now and can make your hips hurt.

Sarah, I'm weaning off the meds now based on my pain levels and what I can handle. I didn't have any issues with constipatiion (I went as soon as I got home from the hospital) but imagine that would be insult to injury.

Feel better, ladies!
      Female, age 38
      4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
      currently 64*upper/40*lower
      Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
      now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

Working...
      X