Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, its me.....remember me?!? :) Need exersice advise please............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, its me.....remember me?!? :) Need exersice advise please............

Hello fellow scoli-friends!! Hope all is well with everyone. I know, I know, Ive been AWOL again...sorry. Im distracted easily by shiny things!! Please forgive meeeeeeeeee........

A question for everyone: Ive, finally, started back up at my local gym. I was very leery at 1st...as to not look dumb "trying" everything out. Im good w/the eliptical......my fav so far...and Ive found that I can use a few of the leg & butt machines....but (no pun intended) I cant see to find a good one for my abs?!?!? Anyone have an ideas???? Again Im fused L4 thru T5. It does feel good to be active again, thats FOR SURE!

xoxo
    Lynn
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

You might want to try the plank position on a mat or the "Roman Chair"
    Resilience

treated w Milwaukee Brace FT for 3 yrs
    currently 46 with 35 LL and 40 RT curves

8 yr old diagnosed w Scoli 8/10 with 27 LL and 27 RT
    11/10 TLSO Full Time
    4/11 22 LL and 24 RT on waiting list for VBS at Shriners Phila
    12/11 curves still in the 20s but now has some rib cage changes from the brace
    VBS 4/25/12 with Dr. Samdani. Pre Op: 29 RT and 25 LL Post Op: 17 RT and 9 LL
    10/13: 15 RT and 10 LL

Comment

Hi Lynn. I don't know if you can find something to help you in this older post or not, but thought I'd at least bring it up. http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...cise#post72708 Good luck!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Lynn,

Wow it's been a very long time! I'm happy to hear that your doing so well and working out again! I haven't had the time (or courage) to try and attempt getting back into body building. I'm thinking it wouldn't be such a good idea as I clearly have to many muscular imbalances to go adding to that problem again. I do have my elliptical at home which I like to use but I only use my 2 pound weights and rubber bands to do my PT exercises but thats it. Do you have any pain at this point in time or have you healed and moved on :O) ? Fill me in!
        Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
        50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
        Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
        X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
        Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
        Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
        Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

I do elliptical and stationary bike for now. I plan on starting weights next week. I will start slow with light weights. I'm hoping on building my core muscles, specifically my abs and lower back muscles. I still wear a brace while doing the elliptical, because it still feels flimsy. I'm hoping that building my lower back up and abs will help most of my pain dissipate. My back is fine all morning, but I begin having bad pain around 4pm. I feel like gravity acts on my back throughout the day and pain becomes unbearable around 4.
          rich

Comment

Hey Susan!!! Yea...Ive been hiding! lol Im pretty much pain free!!I did slip and fall on some ice about a month ago and fell right on my behind...OUCH! But I was only soar for about 3-4 days after.So far, so good!! I hope all is well with you!!! Or, as well as it can be!!
            Lynn -30.... something
            UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by LynnMarie74 View Post
              Hey Susan!!! Yea...Ive been hiding! lol Im pretty much pain free!!I did slip and fall on some ice about a month ago and fell right on my behind...OUCH! But I was only soar for about 3-4 days after.So far, so good!! I hope all is well with you!!! Or, as well as it can be!!
              I have managed to NOT fall on the ice this year....and we did have a pretty good supply of it for va beach lol. I'm amazed that some people can have their surgeries and be pain free. I wish for that! I can say though that even in the last month I have felt things improve from my surgery and though the neck is going down the road that the rest of my back did. I have accepted that I am a slow in my recovery. It's chasing a baby and boys who may as well move into the hockey rink! It never ends. Let me know how your workouts go. Take care.......................
              Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
              50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
              Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
              X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
              Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
              Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
              Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

SOunds Like you are bussyyyy!!! Keep your mind off of things tho, right? My working out is working out! Pun intended! I have found that I feel MUCH better, and Im starting to notice a positive change in my bodies overall appearance.There are only a few machines/exersices I can not do...found that out by trying....but other than that, the eliptical is my new best friend!!!
                Lynn -30.... something
                UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

Working...
                X