No announcement yet.

Airport security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it amazing how the little things others take for granted are such big deals to us? We went to the concert a couple hours early to avoid the rush, around 5 pm. The concert ran from 7-11:30. I cannot believe I sat in one place for so long without any pain. Of course, we stood part of the time to be-bop to the music, too!
    Now I'm home planting plants and working in the yard. We had our first heat wave of the season yesterday-68 degrees-and NO rain! Woo Hoo!!!
    Jenee'-52
    Bend, Oregon

Braced 3 years in high school
    Lumbar 70'+ Thoracic 70'+
    I had 3" shrinkage in 6 months...

Surgery Jan 10, 2011
    9 hours
    T3 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Both curves now 35'

Possible revison for Flatback Syndrome
    Non-fusion
    Loose/broken hardware-awaiting CT results

Here is the link to my before and after pics..
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt......&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Nitram View Post
      I've been through Dulles airport in DC and Tampa airport in Florida and went right through the scanner with no problem. To be honest I was a little disappointed that no alarms went off! :-)

Nitram
      I had a full spinal fusion and have flown many, many times. I have never set it off. Actually, I was a little disappointed too!

Katie
      Katie

My blog: http://scoliosis-braceyourself.blogspot.com/
      My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NG9hMohsU0

5 Boston back braces
      Spinal fusion- Nov. 17, 2009, senior year of high school
      52 and 57 degrees pre-surgery, 22 and 20 degrees post-surgery
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Shriners Children's Hospital, Chicago
      Back into volleyball and music as a senior in college!

Comment

Walking and Standing Fantastic!!

I haven't been through the airport security yet but am glad to hear that I may get through without setting off the alarms.

The walking and standing has made a new life for me. My husband and I are exploring a variety of local parks and sightseeing parts of Boston and the North Shore of Boston. I can't wait to walk the beach.

Karen and Jenee - I know just what you mean. It makes the post-op aches and pains worth it.

Before surgery, I made a list of every place that hurt me down my legs and back. Those pains would never go away and probably would have gotten worse. The new aches and pains will go away. Pain-free walking and standing is worth all of it.

Comment

Way to go, Irene! I'm happy for you.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Originally posted by backissues View Post
            I haven't been through the airport security yet but am glad to hear that I may get through without setting off the alarms.

The walking and standing has made a new life for me. My husband and I are exploring a variety of local parks and sightseeing parts of Boston and the North Shore of Boston. I can't wait to walk the beach.

Karen and Jenee - I know just what you mean. It makes the post-op aches and pains worth it.

Before surgery, I made a list of every place that hurt me down my legs and back. Those pains would never go away and probably would have gotten worse. The new aches and pains will go away. Pain-free walking and standing is worth all of it.
            Glad you're getting about and enjoying yourself. My son is eight weeks post-op (two surgeries) and I see improvement in him almost daily it seems and he's up and about and doesn't even mention anything about pain which is a huge relief b/c he was in a lot of pain before his surgeries and obviously for a while after.

Congratulations on your city winning the Stanley Cup btw. *sniff* And I'm sorry that some idiots in Vancouver rioted after the loss, torched the town and harassed some Boston fans. How humiliating. Glad I live on Vancouver Island and NOT in Vancouver.
            Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
            Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
            Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
            http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Karen and Elisa,
              Thanks.

The Bruins rally is going on right now. I used to work on Boylston Street in Boston. The rallies go right down the street so I used to take the elevator down to the street and stand on the front steps to watch. This made the group watching level with the duck boats on which rode the athletes. I brought my "cane seat" and sat to watch. I really couldn't stand that long. Though I can stand as long as I like now, I will watch the rally on TV.

Elisa, Glad you are safe from the riots.

Irene

Comment

I set off all the alarms every time I fly...then they take me aside and pat me down. No biggie, just a minor inconvenience and then I'm on my way...
                May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
                X