schroth method - book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schroth method - book

Does anyone have the Three-Dimensional Treatment for Scoliosis book? Has anyone tried doing the exercises from the book? I have the book, but I'm finding it very confusing.

I have it and agree it's very hard to follow. It was written as a textbook for physical therapists. What I found most helpful and easiest to implement were the sections about slight modifications to daily living, like the best positions for sitting and sleeping, etc. But when it came to the exercises and breathing, I am waiting until I see a therapist, and then I expect the book will just serve as a good reminder if I forget something.
    1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
    2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

I have read the book I agree that its very technical and I found it helpful to actually see a schroth provider.
      age 15
      Daughter diagnosed at age 13
      T20 l23 10-09
      T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
      T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
      T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
      Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
      Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

Is there a DVD or something?
        Last edited by Alistair; 12-16-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

http://www.scoliosisrehab.com/pages/testimonials.aspx

Above link is to testimonies of people who have participated in Schroth therapy.

We also went for a week of therapy and it was a very positive environment with increase in strength and height, lung capacity and reduction of curves.

I plan on scheduling another visit during Easter break.

Maybe even earlier for Christmas break.

Ps. I have not found one person who has had a negative experience with this company.
          age 15
          Daughter diagnosed at age 13
          T20 l23 10-09
          T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
          T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
          T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
          Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
          Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbluefrog View Post
            I have not found one person who has had a negative experience with this company.
            Yeah, sure... average age of these allegedly very satisfied customers pls?

Comment

Originally posted by scolio1964 View Post
              Does anyone have the Three-Dimensional Treatment for Scoliosis book? Has anyone tried doing the exercises from the book? I have the book, but I'm finding it very confusing.
              Have the book, took a sizeable effort to understand it, but worth the effort. If people accept the difficulty of learning it, hugely worthwhile IMO. We are untrained, not medical at all, and do the exercises without the input of a PT. We had 4 weeks with a Schroth practitioner who was awful (e.g., didn't incorporate Schroth RAB into the exercises).
              07/11: (10yrs) T40, L39, pelvic tilt, rotation T15 & L11
              11/11: Chiari 1 & syrinx, T35, L27, pelvis 0
              05/12: (11yrs) stopped brace, assessed T&L 25 - 30...>14lbs , >8 cm
              12/12: < 25 LC & TC, >14 cms, >20 lbs, neuro symptoms abated, but are there
              05/13: (12yrs) <25, >22cms height, puberty a year ago

Avoid 'faith' in 'experts'. “In consequence of this error many persons pass for normal, and indeed for highly valuable members of society, who are incurably mad...”

Comment

would love to hear the follow up of the Schorth your daughter had.

Originally posted by Bigbluefrog View Post
                http://www.scoliosisrehab.com/pages/testimonials.aspx

Above link is to testimonies of people who have participated in Schroth therapy.

We also went for a week of therapy and it was a very positive environment with increase in strength and height, lung capacity and reduction of curves.

I plan on scheduling another visit during Easter break.

Maybe even earlier for Christmas break.

Ps. I have not found one person who has had a negative experience with this company.
                how is she doing, how is the curve and etc?
                62/75 (T4-T9 68 degree & T11 - L4 80 degree) 10/19/2010
                45/50 year 2000
                36 yrs old
                Considering, researching surgery for the first time
                S. California
                http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ashionista889/

Comment

Working...
                X