Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace or Surgery?

Hello, hello.

I've just been diagnosed with scoliosis a week ago and I have two curves in my spine, the worst being 41 degrees. The lower one is 26.

I've just been wondering if I might need surgery or a brace....

(To anyone wondering, yes. I'm new.)
    Diagnosed with scoliosis at 11...

[Random]Yay! Video games![/random]

How old are you? I think it depends on how old you are and if you are still growing or not.

Comment

Hi there, it looks like you are 11. You ask a very natural question and it is something you should talk to your parents and your doctor about. No one here can really answer it for you as it really depends on your particular circumstances and your doctor's assessment of your curve. Good luck!
      mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
      Providence night brace, increased to 35*
      Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
      14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
      11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
      Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
      latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
      currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

The other thing is that only kids are allowed to post in this section. Because there aren't too many other kids, you may not get an answer. If you post the same question in another section I think people will answer.

Here's another suggestion... there are plenty of other kids on spinekids. You could join there and talk with a bunch of kids.

http://www.spinekids.com/

Remember only your surgeon can tell you about your case. Nobody on any online site can.

Good luck.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
        X