Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Maternal Age Associated with AIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skevimc View Post
    As a scientist, I resent someone suggesting that academic institutions are only for the propagation of ideology and not out for truth.
    I don't find it hard to believe that many folks think this. If 40% of the US populace consistently denies the fact of evolution, it doesn't strain credulity to point out that a bunch of folks think universities are all propaganda with no independent thought?

It's just ironic that free thought is the game at universities whereas dogma and propaganda are the games of certain other institutions that have made it clear they are not interested in facts but only imaginary friends.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      I don't find it hard to believe that many folks think this. If 40% of the US populace consistently denies the fact of evolution, it doesn't strain credulity to point out that a bunch of folks think universities are all propaganda with no independent thought?

It's just ironic that free thought is the game at universities whereas dogma and propaganda are the games of certain other institutions that have made it clear they are not interested in facts but only imaginary friends.
      "Free thought" at universities is not what you call it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
        Just cut it out. I read the research papers and you obviously did not. If you did, you didn't understand them. I did.
        You misunderstood. You thought only some of AIS was familial. You thought some was NOT familial. You (and I then) did not realize they were using this term to mean autosomal dominant inheritance (aka the nail in the germ theory coffin), NOT to mean that all AIS wasn't familial.

All AIS is familial.

You have to know what these terms mean to use them. And you have to know when they are using the same word to mean different things. This has been clearly explained but you won't try to understand.

Why don't you try to learn this stuff so you can discuss it. I agree the terminology is really confusing but I'm at least trying. I'm intrinsically not interested in biology but I am forcing myself to delve into this stuff for the sake of understanding my kids' condition.

If you don't at least try then I might have to tell Linda that you are being naughty. I don't want to do that but I might have to.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

You misunderstood. You thought only some of AIS was familial. You thought some was NOT familial. You (and I then) did not realize they were using this term to mean autosomal dominant inheritance (aka the nail in the germ theory coffin), NOT to mean that all AIS wasn't familial.

All AIS is familial.

You have to know what these terms mean to use them. And you have to know when they are using the same word to mean different things. This has been clearly explained but you won't try to understand.

Why don't you try to learn this stuff so you can discuss it. I agree the terminology is really confusing but I'm at least trying. I'm intrinsically not interested in biology but I am forcing myself to delve into this stuff for the sake of understanding my kids' condition.

If you don't at least try then I might have to tell Linda that you are being naughty. I don't want to do that but I might have to.
          You are absolutely incorrect. I knew exactly what they meant when the researchers were talking about familial scoliosis. You couldn't comprehend it and now you're trying to cover for your inability to see what the researchers were saying.

Comment

I'm sure you are always the one quick with the flag to Linda. You'll notice your posts never disappear. Some of us believe in freedom of speech.

Comment

But she supposedly has the big university awarded Ph.D.
              No I would say my university is more mid-sized, not big like Ohio State for example which I think is the largest campus in the US. Is Ohio State the largest campus in the US?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm sure you are always the one quick with the flag to Linda. You'll notice your posts never disappear. Some of us believe in freedom of speech.
                I have flagged exactly one post in the last several years and it was one of your most outrageous ones. You went over the line in a shitty way. You lost all semblance of ration and reason so I had to do it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

No I would say my university is more mid-sized, not big like Ohio State for example which I think is the largest campus in the US. Is Ohio State the largest campus in the US?
                  "Big" in relation to Ph.D. Sheesh, you can't even figure that out.

Comment

"Big" in relation to Ph.D. Sheesh, you can't even figure that out.
                    I'm too dumb. Forgive me?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I have flagged exactly one post in the last several years and it was one of your most outrageous ones. You went over the line in a shitty way. You lost all semblance of ration and reason so I had to do it.
                      Really, why don't you go find a new hobby over with your other friends on the blogs you quote all the time over here. You can all bash people all the time. We really don't need it here.

Comment

Really, why don't you go find a new hobby over with your other friends on the blogs you quote all the time over here. You can all bash people all the time. We really don't need it here.
                        I am on no blogs.

Were you like this before your daughter's diagnosis?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I am on no blogs.

Were you like this before your daughter's diagnosis?
                          You are a disgrace to your profession. Whatever that may be.

Comment

B the way, where does it state Scoliscore was developed excusively among these autosomal dominant groups? Rorher said they didn't ask her about her family so they can't know if all the data or some of the data or none of the data are from this group or the larger apparently complex group. It probably reflects the prevalence in the larger population.
                            I do believe they asked me about affected family members. However, I didn't have the whole story at that time. They didn't ask me if I was from "Mormon" ancestry.
                            Be happy!
                            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                              I do believe they asked me about affected family members. However, I didn't have the whole story at that time. They didn't ask me if I was from "Mormon" ancestry.
                              Ah okay.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Can I ask again for Ballet Mom and Pooka to take their personal dispute somewhere else. NOONE ELSE CARES!

Comment

Working...
                                X