Back pain becoming a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back pain becoming a problem

My daughter is 11, she was last measured at 40 degrees curve, she was supposed to go back to Sick Kids Hosp within 6 months but I guess they were so busy and it's now been 8 months, we finally see them in 2 weeks.

We have her in the Cheneau Brace currently, I will be honest, she does not wear it as often as she should because of how big, bulky and hard it is, she was used to the Spinecor Brace.

Back to the reason for this post, she is experiencing a lot of back pain lately, last night when we were shopping, today at school, it was so bad she called home so I picked her up early.

I am just worrying, is she destined for a future of chronic back pain? I don't know if she will ever need surgery, but in the case that she wouldn't, what should I expect for her in the future?
    Marlowe mom to Halle (age 11)
    Diagnosed January 11/08
    In Spinecor Brace for 2 1/2 years

In the Cheneau Brace for 10 months
    Being treated at Sick Kids Hospital - Dr. Reinhard Zeller

Surgery Scheduled at Sick Kids for May 16, 2011

http://hallesscoliosis.blogspot.com/

Sorry about the pain. That's a crime. Where is the pain?

Dr. Hey and perhaps others do now say that AIS can be painful though it usually is not as I understand their position.

I wonder if they ever order an MRI in the case of pain. My one daughter had and MRI but the other did not. The one who had the MRI did have should blade pain but of course I have no idea if that is related to why the MRI was ordered. Her curve moved very fast and I always assumed that was somehow related to the pain but I don't know that. Is your daughter's curve fast moving?

So I guess you might want to ask the surgeon about if there might be another cause to the pain. I think they have to do something for kids with sub-surgical curves who have pain. You can't just tell them to go home.

Good luck.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
    X