The ethics of bracing (and PT) with a Scoliscore <41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post

I'd like to know the outcome of the group with a score of <41. Maybe 99% are below 30* at maturity. To read this group, there is a casual, often unstated, assumption that most of these kids are measuring 39.999* at maturity. That can't be correct.
    I'd like to see this data as well. How tight of a correlation is scoliscore with final curve size at maturity? They also used a bootstrapping method to build their model. I'm not as familiar with this but I know it involves making up data 100's of times based on the parameters of the original data-set. Statisticians use this quite a bit. A Stats course I'm auditing right now is covering bootstrapping next week. I like having a real life study I can use to 'learn' a new procedure.

Comment

• Originally posted by skevimc View Post
      I'd like to see this data as well. How tight of a correlation is scoliscore with final curve size at maturity? They also used a bootstrapping method to build their model. I'm not as familiar with this but I know it involves making up data 100's of times based on the parameters of the original data-set. Statisticians use this quite a bit. A Stats course I'm auditing right now is covering bootstrapping next week. I like having a real life study I can use to 'learn' a new procedure.
      Yes, I'd like to see this data as well....it certainly is interesting they chose to leave it out.

I used to work for a Chairman of a major corporation who called statisticians "number mast*rb*tors". They can massage any numbers to get whatever result they want. But I guess he lived his life in the real world where people have to be able to see through the b.s. to come up with the true answer.

Comment

Working...
      X