No announcement yet.

Fifth Surgery Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, Janet. Kelly called me this morning with instructions for my pre-op in another week. I just have to get all my questions together and get my answers.

If anyone else is reading who has had surgery with Dr. Lenke, I would appreciate any tips you may have. Having been through several surgeries, I pretty much know what to expect. But as I said, I'm more worried about making all the approriate arrangements for my newbie caregivers since I will be painfully loopy to be of much assistance.
    FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
    10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
    8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
    5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
    2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
    3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Felicia,

You might want to post on the forum for "first time" surgeries. There are several people on that forum who have had surgeries with Dr. Lenke. I am trying to schedule with him now, and I am eating up their posts about everything that happened, what to ask, etc.

Good luck,
      Evelyn
      age 48
      80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
      Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
      Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
      Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
      Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Evelyn. I see what you mean - quite a few Lenke customers there! I guess I'm a little surprised because I thought the bulk of Dr. Lenke's practice was revision surgery - didn't realize he does so many first timers. I will post some questions there.
        FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
        10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
        8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
        5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
        2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
        3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Working...
        X