No announcement yet.

Constipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt and looked about 8 months pregnant. When the enemas didn't work I was ready to die (or something...I didn't know what would come next, I appeared to be out of options, LOL.) My friend Marg arrived one day with a little yellow box. It was Nulax, which is an over-the-counter fig and other dried fruit concoction. I didn't read the box, just started munching. It worked in 3 hours. I darn near exploded but didn't have a problem again after that. It was SO worth it. I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't at all funny then.

Oh you poor thing, I do hope *something* works for you soon. I know it will, but you don't know that yet.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I have nothing to add but my symphaties

Hope yopu feel better soon

Melissa

Comment

re:

Has anyone ever tried Docusol for constipation?

I had to try it once and boy does it work. it takes about 1-2 min and it really gets things moving. its liquid in a tube that you can use by yourself. it cost about $12 bucks.

I am talking a stool softener 2x a day per my doc request and it's really helped. For some reason I get bad gas when taking these so I take anti-gas pills, which seems to work.

I never want to go through a bad "episode" again.
        LaShawn Hardy
        34 years old
        Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
        36 degree curve Thoratic
        Lumbar natural fusion
        Surgery Date 1/31/2011
        T2-L1
        Dr. Herkowitz
        Heart Condition and Bleeding Disorder
        hoping they don't reschedule my surgery again

Comment

sympathy!

I have had this problem very frequently due to meds. I take stool softeners every other day 2. That helps to keep me regular. BUT when I was really bad the only thing that really worked was WARM PRUNE JUICE! And is tasted really bad, but it does work. For some reason warming it up makes all the difference. I get too sick with laxative so I won't take them. Enama's suck or suppositories...I've done them both and HATE THEM. I hope everything is okay for you! SORRY you are going thru this!!!!! Praying for you.

Julie

Comment

Working...
          X