Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post op shoulder blade pain

mamakay
    i can't believe that happened to you. I definitely would not take the steri strips off myself especially is she is crying and does not want you to do it. I would wait another week until you go to see the dr. Now i'm scared to look at nicole's, but i am going to check hers. Our dr. told us to let the steri strips fall off on their own. I hope when we go on monday he isn't going to pull them off she is going to flip out if he does. No one can even touch her back. She doesn't even like when i look at it.
    I feel bad for you and don't worry everything will be okay. I don't know which is harder being a wreck before the surgery or going through the recovery. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. We're here for you.
    jennifer

Comment

Another suggestion about steri-strips (we do this every six months) - at 2-3 weeks post-op, I rub bacitracin ointment on the steri-strips before Braydon goes to bed. Within a day or two (especially when he showers) the steri-strips fall right off. Many fall off in bed while he's sleeping. If the steri-strips don't fall off within 3-4 days, I put another treatment of bacitracin on the incision. I've never needed to do more than 2 episodes. Braydon HATES tape of any kind. Steri-strips are PAINFUL when pulled off dry.

I hope everyone is doing well. I know its hard, but you can do it.

My best,
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Carmel, that's a great idea! I've used baby oil to get a stubborn band-aid off. I guess the oil breaks down the adhesive?

mamakay, hope you and Stephane are hanging in there. Let us know what the doc said.

Susanna
        Susanna
        ~~~~~~
        Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

I had my surgery done a year ago, and had similar pain.
          It was from the muscles readjusting.
          However, my pain continued, so I was put on a muscle relaxer and did physical therapy (massage and gentle stretching three days a week) starting at 6 months post op. It helped a lot...
          Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
          Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
          Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
          Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
          February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
          September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

Working...
          X