No announcement yet.

Pilar's xrays and updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fantastic correction! So true that our surgeons are incredible. I hope you start feeling relief soon.
    Laurie
    Age 57
    Posterior fusion w/thoracoplasty T2-L3 Oct 1, 2010
    Thoracic curve corrected from 61* to 16*
    Lumbar curve, unknown measurement
    Disfiguring back hump GONE!!
    Dr Munish Gupta
    UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA

Comment

Pain Control

Pilar
      After my first scoliosis surgery, I was in a major amount of pain also. I am on the small side also, at that time probably 115# and was taking Oxycontin 20mg twice daily and Percocet every 4-6 hours for breakthrough pain. I absolutely needed it! I slooooowly weaned over the next few months but was on some type of narcotic pain med for at least 9 months. My point is, if you need to take something to ease your pain don't worry about becoming "hooked". For some there is a period of withdrawal but that is different than "addiction". Use your own judgement, of course but I hate to see people on here worry about that.
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
      X