X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best to you
    Melissa

Comment

Best wishes for a great correction and a smooth recovery!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Elizabeth J SURGERY

Elizabeth had her surgery last Monday we thought all went well until she was continuing with the pain in her leg going num on her which got worse, today they took her back in for surgery to fix some screws in her back I pray she will be all right an not be paralyzed does any one know if this could happen, it is very scary for her to go in the second time, Elizabeth Mother Mary

Comment

I'm no expert on this, but it *sounds* like she just has something pressing on a nerve and irritating it. I'd expect that, as soon as the irritation was dealt with in this surgery, that she'd recover feeling in her leg.

Best wishes on a (second) speedy recovery, and thanks so much for posting updates.

Comment

Mary, please try not to worry. These doctors that do these surgeries have had plenty of practice and I am sure that they will fix Elizabeth's problems. I do know as a mum, that worrying cannot be helped, but it has probably been something simple and is fixed now, I do hope so. Being a mum is so hard sometimes to see our children go through operations and not be able to help.

Thinking of you
            Lorraine.
            Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
            Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

i hope we get word soon that everything was fixed correctly when the surgeons went back in, and that Elizabeth is recovering well....

jess

Comment

Elizabeth update

Elizabeth had second surgery had a blot an screws removed she is doing better now with no pain in leg, was sent home, but then had bowel problem found out she had Twisted Bowel: Symptoms she finally moved her bowels an doing better still in lot of pain in her back, they had to put the iv down her arm to her heart, if all goes well she will be going home this week, thank you for all your thoughts an prays

Comment

you mean she has a long line intravenous, to deliver whatever meds are needed?
                  well, then she will hopefully get whatever medication they think she needs, delivered efficiently...
                  i am so sorry things got rocky for a while....
                  i hope she can now heal in an easier way, without anything else eventful happening...

i hope she feels better, day by day...

jess

Comment

Sounds just like me

It was great to read your thread, it sounds similar to my situation.
                    I had my original Harrington Rods & 16 clips in 1976. In April 2010 I went to see a doc because I had a lump in my back. Turns out the lower spine was twisting and degenerating badly and causing the bottom of my rod to stick out.
                    I went into hospital on Jan 3rd for the first part of my surgery. They went in through the side to cut a wedge into my lower spine. I got a pierced lung during this op.
                    On Jan 11th, I went in for the other part. They removed existing hardware and replaced with longer rods and many screws. I got a staph infection and they put a PIK line in for the twice daily application of antibiotics.
                    They made me get up the day after surgery. I have to wear a brace for a couple more months. I am taller and straight and am thrilled to see my new back. What a huge difference to when I went through this 30 years ago.
                    I really hope your recovery is going very well.

Marian

Comment

Working...
                    X