Last appt for kid #1 and ancillary comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddb View Post
    Sharon - I'm so happy for you guys! I understand what you mean about the prize and hope you get that in June

You were a great help to me as my youngest went through surgery last year. Thank you!

Dee
    Thanks so much Dee. And that is kind of you to say. You will be on the second other side eventually also I am sure. Hang in there. (smiley face)

I just want to throw some hope out there for parents facing surgery for their kids. Yes not all surgeries go as planned and if my daughters do have problems down the road then hopefully a surgeon will just fix them again. The point is to keep fighting fate. It can be done.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by laurieg6 View Post
      Congratulations Sharon!

That's really great news and I'm very happy for you. It must be such a relief to have at least one of your daughters fully done with scoliosis treatments, or even having to think about scoliosis. I hope you get the same news for your other daughter at her appointment next June!
      Hey Laurie. Thanks so much. I read what you wrote about your son on Del's thread. It's good that he has no pain. He may never have pain.

I hope he tells me the same for the other kid but it occurs to me now that he never actually told me she was not expected to have further surgery. I assumed it from his comment about where the fusion ended but I have since been trying to read up on her curve type (false double) and apparently there are problems with adding on some times. Also, her fused curve and the lumbar curve have both increased a bit since the surgery which was NOT the case with the first kid so that is concerning me. I will be very interested to compare the June 2011 radiograph with the one from the year before.

I'll ask the surgeon in June what he thinks her long term is. Not all T curves are created equal... she got a dicier one than her sister did. We are still going to fight fate on it, though. (smiley face)
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Her reaction to this situation is some combination of nature and nurture as is everything.
        How true that is.

(p.s. I tried to reply with 'how true' but apparently, now, messages must be at least 10 characters. Another change to go along with the missing smiliey faces I guess).
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
        X