Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald spot?

Hello!
    Greetings from Long Island, NY. Our 12 year old daughter is now 10 weeks post op from spinal fusion surgery on September 13, 2010. She is doing well and is now back in middle school after 6 days in the hospital and 7 weeks recovering at home. She is still very tired but I think she is improving slightly day by day so I'm optimistic that she is heading in the right direction.
    I searched the forum but could not find any posts that matched my question. Her surgery was 8 hours. She was face down for most of that. About a week post op she developed a small bald spot in the very front of her head almost where her hairline meets her forehead. It's oval in shape and around 3/4 of an inch long and about a 1/4 of an inch wide. There has been no new hair growth in that area since it first appeared almost 2 months ago. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same symptom and was able to find some explanation for it. After all we have been through this seems pretty minor but I was just curious if this is common and or permanent.
    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Working...
X