new here, surgery on december 13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, surgery on december 13th.

i am 12 and having surgery on december 13th. it is completely freaking me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cry whenever my teachers or friends bring it up. i have a friend who is having it on december 1st. she is freaking out too... my curve measurements as of now is 66 and 43.

Hey my names Syd ,
    Im 14 and just had the surgery not to lonf ago on june 30 and trust me I was freaking out too ...... trust me lol But you want the honest opinion on it , its an amazing thing that will make your life better in some many different ways ! Also dont fret about it being super painful trust me its not ! they put you on morphine drip which is crazy strong medicine(it makes you sooooo soooo tired!) But theres nothing to be scared about , youll look back and say to yourself wow im happy I got my surgery I did hahah I hope your surgery goes great! I hope you have an awsome day! Oh if you have any questions just ask Id be glad to help

Syd
    [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
    110 degree curve now
    Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Comment

Originally posted by squid626 View Post
      i am 12 and having surgery on december 13th. it is completely freaking me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cry whenever my teachers or friends bring it up. i have a friend who is having it on december 1st. she is freaking out too... my curve measurements as of now is 66 and 43.
      Hi Squid,

December 13th is a GREAT day ~ that's my surgery date Dec 13, 2010. Everything went great and I'm glad I did it. I too had severe curves, actually worse than yours. I grew nearly 3 inches and I finally have a straight back. I know it's CRAZY scary but you can do this. I'm sure your parents and family will be there to support you through it. You are young and should bounce back quickly. Best wishes and keep reading and posting...it's the BEST way to deal with your fears. Knowledge is power!
      Laurie Anne
      Age 30
      Pre-Op Curves T68, L80, Kyphosis 48 degrees
      Post-Op Curves both around 10 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke & Dr. Kelly 12/13/10
      Gained 2.5 inches now 5'9
      PRE-OP Photos: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...urieScoliosis/
      5 Mos Post Op: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20Post%20Op/
      1-Year Post Op: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...r%20Post%20Op/

Comment

Hi,

Just wanted to remind you both to check the date the thread was started before posting your response. Squid had her surgery almost 6 months ago, so I'm sure she doesn't need advice on what the surgery is like. I"m not even sure if she still comes to the forum or not.

Laurie,

This section is for teens and adolescents and adults aren't supposed to post here. Which means I'm done posting here.

Mary Lou
        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
        X