Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do for my daughter who has posture issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I am not trying to make money off people and you are. Without evidence of efficacy.
    I think that sums it up in a nut shell. There is a huge difference if, for example, I want to talk about VBS, which has so far been successful for my son. Or if someone else's child had successful fusion and they share their experience about that. Or another person's child had success with bracing, etc.

We have NOTHING to gain financially.

Perhaps Angele1 is not looking to profit from this. But when one makes a living selling a particular method of treatment that will always be a question in folks' minds. And when such a person, who is in the business of making money by touting a particular treatment option, is not open, from day one, about who they are, folks will wonder about their motives. Period. Everyone should know better than to think differently. It's just the way of the world.
    Last edited by mariaf; 12-10-2010, 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling/typos
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Well stated, Maria.

I would hope Evidence-based chiros KNOW that they have an open invitation to discuss EVIDENCE on this group.

I hope Smith stays to answer the questions from parents.

I hope she is not kicked off.

I hope she truly is evidence-based and can state what exactly that means that sets her apart from non-evidence-based chiros.

I don't even care if she doesn't answer my questions but I hope she will answer the questions from other parents.

I wish Morningstar would post here. I think he would answer questions and we could maybe advance this chiro ball down the field for a change.
      Last edited by Pooka1; 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Mehera, it was this particular comment that irked me. The person comes across as someone who really doesn't know much about the CLEAR program but has "heard good things" about it when in actual fact she knows ALL about it b/c she is a chiropractor who practices the CLEAR program herself. Just seems kinda misleading/dishonest and that she is trying to sell her program. I know nothing about her CLEAR program really and perhaps others have benefited from it so why not just be up front and say that right from the beginning instead of pretending you don't know much about it when in fact you know all about it. But that's just how I see things and is only my opinion.

Angele1 is offline Registered User

Have you looked into the CLEAR program?

I have heard good things about the CLEAR program, especially for smaller curves such as yours. You should check it out and get all the information you can get. The smaller the curve the more likely you can get a reduction if at all possible. Just something to look into. http://www.Clear-institute.com. As someone else posted, you started your menses so you really have to watch during your growth spurts to make sure your curves don't progress.

Best of luck to you! I hope your second opinion ends up being "no scoliosis" at all!!
        Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
        Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
        Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
        http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Yes but I think if she ponies up evidence from her practice then it will all be worth it. I am worried she will be booted before she can respond. Then this will be a giant waste of time.

If she doesn't pony up evidence then we are free to draw our own conclusions.

Some people care about the poor, desperate bunnies and some don't. Let's see where Smith stands.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

More questions for Smith

1. If a child has Scoliscore done and has a score of <41, do you send them home and save them the treatment costs or do you recommend Clear treatment even though there is a 0% chance of reaching 40*?

This should be about 75% of the people who come in with smallish curves.

2. Now it maybe you don't get many people who come in with smallish curves but do you still give people will large curves Scoliscore?

3. Would you give a person with a 40* curve Scoliscore? As you know, that is the cutoff of the test. Essentially, you don't need to do the test to know if that person will reach 40*.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

What the???????

An attack waged against a mother asking a simple question in looking for help for her daughter (regardless of what her profession is) ...

Brings this forum to an entirely new level of low.

There is no justification for this.

Since when are mom's required to disclose their professional affiliations before asking a simple question?

Pooka1 - it sure looks like you are taking your hostility out on an innocent mom. I think you have no shame.

Comment

hey Sharon
                there are some posts, and posters, i don't respond to anymore..due to history...

but i will say, Sharon, that i agree with you...
                any chiropractor with an obvious agenda needs to identify themselves, rather than saying they have "heard good things about Clear"...that totally misleads anyone from knowing that the writer is a chiropractor who USES the Clear program!
                and if one uses a program, odds are one is making money off that program...or trying to!

...and i do believe one is SUPPOSED to identify oneself as working in the field when posting!!
                i don't see any "attack"...just a request that the truth be stated!

jess
                Last edited by jrnyc; 12-10-2010, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post

...and i do believe one is SUPPOSED to identify oneself as working in the field when posting!!

jess
                  Could you provide a link to that information?

Here is what is posted on the NSF web page: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum.php
                  In this community center you have an opportunity to give and receive vital information and support. Please understand that while we may have common unity in the characteristics of our spinal deformity, our individual situation and experiences are unique. With this in mind, we highly encourage open communication for all in an environment that shows courtesy and respect for, and by, everyone.

Anybody who calls this attack courteous and respectful - has an ax to grind IMO

Pooka1 is just upset because she was kicked off yet a third forum this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                    There is no justification for this.
                    How's that coming allow about my account? It's still blocked although Stizel said I could post.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                      How's that coming allow about my account? It's still blocked although Stizel said I could post.
                      Sorry - don't understand the question: how's that coming allow about my account?

Maybe you should write to the Administrator and see what he says.

Comment

Sorry - don't understand the question: how's that coming allow about my account?

Maybe you should write to the Administrator and see what he says.

You said my account on Fix's site was fine but it is still blocked. Stitzel said I could continue posting but it is blocked.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

An attack waged against a mother asking a simple question in looking for help for her daughter (regardless of what her profession is) ...
                          You can't possibly be that naive.

Of course her profession is relevant in this case.

I think Jess's post above says it best.
                          mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                            hey Sharon
                            there are some posts, and posters, i don't respond to anymore..due to history...

but i will say, Sharon, that i agree with you...
                            any chiropractor with an obvious agenda needs to identify themselves, rather than saying they have "heard good things about Clear"...that totally misleads anyone from knowing that the writer is a chiropractor who USES the Clear program!
                            and if one uses a program, odds are one is making money off that program...or trying to!

i don't see any "attack"...just a request that the truth be stated!

jess
                            Like I said - great post, Jess.
                            mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
                              You can't possibly be that naive.

Of course her profession is relevant in this case.

I think Jess's post above says it best.
                              Addressing posture is what Clear does. That is the essence of their entire method as far as I can tell. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mamamax's statement belies a very profound inability to follow along on even a basic level. Or she's just lying again.

Jess nailed it. I hope Clear types don't view requests for evidence as attacks. That would be absurd in the extreme.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                              X