cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning

Hi all, I don't know if I can post this or where it should be posted but I was wondering how do you all get your cleaning and other chores done? I can get about 15 min in then I can't do it anymore. Same thing walking. I'm getting so sick of my dirty house and I can't really afford a housekeeper. Any suggestions? Thanks again and hope every 1 is good. your friend, Steph

Hi...

I break my cleaning up into tasks that last no more than 5-10 minutes. I'm lucky in that my condo is really small, so I can get everything done in a day or two, with long rests in between.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by girlwithnolife View Post
      Hi all, I don't know if I can post this or where it should be posted but I was wondering how do you all get your cleaning and other chores done? I can get about 15 min in then I can't do it anymore. Same thing walking. I'm getting so sick of my dirty house and I can't really afford a housekeeper. Any suggestions? Thanks again and hope every 1 is good. your friend, Steph
      I had better success with keeping things spiffed when I did a lot of editing. Got rid of tons of stuff, packed a lot away that was out but still wanted to keep. That helps a lot.
      Amy
      58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
      Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
      Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
      2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
      Exercising to correct

Comment

definitely agree with what Linda and Amy said!

and the fewer "knick knacks" out, the easier to dust and clean...if nothing is on the table, the table is easier to clean...it may not be as decorative, but way more practical! most of us do have stuff we can do without, throw out, or just store until such time we are in better shape to do the cleaning needed...
        one thing at a time..."multi tasking" can be exhausting! "first things first"

best of luck
        jess

Comment

Thanks for all the great replies I have 2 teens who will do some cleaning but the heavy cleaning they just aren't good at if you know what I mean and 2 dogs. My house needs a really good deep cleaning but whenever I even think about it I just get overwhelmed if you know what I mean. On top of that the landlords have let everything go. We have been here 10+ years and they haven't replaced a 30 yr old carpet, dishwasher broken, toilets broken but still work. It's just frustrating and I am not used to living like this. My mom is with me and she can't clean like she used to either for the same reason. I really want to move but don't know where to go. Am in the Md, DC, Va metro and it's so expensive here. Trying to find a place less expensive but don't even know where to look. Again, thanks all, Steph

Comment

Steph, is the landlord an ogre?
            do you fear losing your lease if you talk to him, or will it just fall on deaf ears?

you have all my sympathy...until 3 years ago, i rented in Manhattan...insanely expensive...but decent landlord...
            i hope you can get the things in your home fixed that you are legally entitled to!

jess

Comment

Thx, They aren't actually ogres but they do as little as possible. The stuff I need fixed isn't something they legally have to do. Just stuff I'm not used to living with, you know. It's gonna be a huge problem for them when we move. It will cost them thousands to get it in shape to rent. We are probably gonna write a letter telling them what needs done and what we will settle for or we will move and they can spend the money to fix up the place before they rent it. They would never live like this. BTW, we haven't had a lease since the first year. It's been a nice arrangement until they stopped repairing things. Even if they really couldn't afford it, we would work with them but that's not the case. She has 3 daughters in dance and they go to the nationals every year and other vacations so this is really getting to me especially since the carpet is so old it's getting worn holes in it. Thanks for replying. Steph

Comment

hey Steph
                so i guess it is not a large apartment building, but something smaller...like a half of a 2 family house or something...large apt buildings have more legal obligations and must deal with Rent Commissioners, etc...a certain protection in that...

i know how expensive moving is!! did it many times in NYC...i was like a gypsy when it came to staying in one place! but if it is intolerable to your own standards, maybe it is time to start looking...with the economy in such a slump, perhaps there are people willing to rent out their houses/apartments for a more reasonable sum, just to have a renter...
                am wondering if there are any community organizations near you that might offer help of some kind, or info about available rents, etc...

best of luck
                jess

Comment

Hi, No it's a privately owned 3 bedroom townhome. I'm just waiting for my daughter to graduate this year then I'm gonna move. Don't really know where tho. Thanks, Steph

Comment

Working...
                  X