new and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new and confused

my son 13 just diagonsed with scoliosis in August 8,10,11 degrees. we had our 3 month follow-up and it has progressed to 20,21,20 degrees in just three months. we see the orthpedic specilalist Friday any suggestions on what to expect or ask?
    i am aware of the bracing my niece last year had the surgery...

and do any of your children have pain he is in alot of pain...

any advice accepted...

My son was not diagnosed early, so he went from us having no knowledge of his curve to planning surgery. His curve was too great to brace so I can't help you with that.

As for pain-

In theory, scoliosis doesn't cause pain. Is it possible there's something else going on? That being said, the muscles can spasm due to the curve & that creates pain.

I have a slight case of scoliosis & go to a chiropractor once a month. It helps to relieve the spasms. I took my son to see him and he has been virtually pain free since then. (Well, up until surgery - but that's a different story!) So, I recommend a chiropractor or a massage therapist to help with muscle spasms if you can find one you trust. (After working on my son, my chiropractor told me to get him to an MD - which I would have anyhow - but he knew we needed medical attention in addition to his services.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Susan

Comment

Working...
    X