This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    What a truly bizarre thing to say. How was it wasted to cause scientists to research non-embryonic stem cells and end up with a better discovery?
    You don't known that it is a better discovery. Moreover you personally would have no way of determining that. And you have a track record to prove that.

How does it do you any good to discuss something in an intellectually DIShonest manner?
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

You are a hateful and disgusting loser.
      And you are avoiding the obvious.

Throw off the yoke of superstition and embrace intellectual honesty.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        And you are avoiding the obvious.

Throw off the yoke of superstition and embrace intellectual honesty.
        Go to hell, and I truly mean it.

Comment

Go to hell, and I truly mean it.
          You prove it exists and I gladly go there.

Good luck. And I truly mean it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Good luck. And I truly mean it.

Judgement Day is Coming. Science Suggests Justice Is Inescapable

Will kind people be rewarded for their good deeds? Will the wicked be punished? Yes, according to a new interpretation of recent experiments. Although our science is too primitive for us to fully comprehend, there is a direct and proportional price to pay for any act of cruelty or injustice.

Science suggests that there are consequences to our actions that transcend our ordinary, classical way of thinking. Emerson, it turns out, was right: “Every crime is punished, every virtue rewarded, every wrong redressed, in silence and certainty.”

http://www.robertlanza.com/judgement...s-inescapable/

Comment

Judgement Day is Coming.
              Sell crazy somewhere else, will ya already?

Apparently Lanza is a crackpot...

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...r_crackpot.php

He needs to sell crazy somewhere else also.

And I keep telling you... these one-off citations of people with legit degrees who are nevertheless demonstrably wacky is BEATEN by my citing that 7% of the National Academy are theists.

You can't beat that for sheer incoherence. Nobody can. I suggest you stop trying.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Will kind people be rewarded for their good deeds? Will the wicked be punished?
                What happens with the wacky people? Do they go to clown college? Forever perhaps?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

What happens with the wacky people? Do they go to clown college? Forever perhaps?
                  What happens to the nasty people who congregate at places like Pharyngula? Do they actually have any friends....or were they the ones that must have been so bullied through school because they were such social outcasts that they look to other losers like themselves to insult and bully Christians on a daily basis? And think it's funny. You all deserve each other.

Comment

I don't know why, but that line cracked me up, Sharon.
                    mariaf305@yahoo.com
                    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Proving Hell Exists

This thread is enough proof for me.

Pooka1 ... why do you always try to bait Balletmom into religious argument (oh, excuse me - I mean "debate")?

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
                        I don't know why, but that line cracked me up, Sharon.
                        Just trying to keep up with the wackiness in this thread. I have to push myself but it's good exercise.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                          This thread is enough proof for me.

Pooka1 ... why do you always try to bait Balletmom into religious argument (oh, excuse me - I mean "debate")?

Science versus religion is NOT a debate. Debates require two real sides that proffer EVIDENCE, not one real side proffering evidence and another superstitious side proffering medieval "geniusry."

It's why Dawkins refuses to "debate" creationists.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

What happens to the nasty people who congregate at places like Pharyngula? Do they actually have any friends....or were they the ones that must have been so bullied through school because they were such social outcasts that they look to other losers like themselves to insult and bully Christians on a daily basis? And think it's funny. You all deserve each other.
                            Now you're just descending into bitterness. Shoot the messenger mentality.

Come back. Come back to the real side. You are very smart and I refuse to give up on you.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Science versus religion is NOT a debate. Debates require two real sides that proffer EVIDENCE, not one real side proffering evidence and another superstitious side proffering medieval "geniusry."

It's why Dawkins refuses to "debate" creationists.

The discussion in this thread started out scientific, or at least non religious, until post #5, where you bring in petri dish souls (regarding ethics). Following that, both you and Balletmom had some interesting points to make. But then it was like some switch flipped and you became accusatory toward her personally with some rapid fire insults regarding her intellectual honesty, intelligence, and even her faith.

I just wonder why you do that over and again? Is it a reaction to running out of your own intellectual honesty and intelligent things to say? Or is it some new age debate tactic? Whatever it is .. it certainly is a curious thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                                I just wonder why you do that over and again? Is it a reaction to running out of your own intellectual honesty and intelligent things to say? Or is it some new age debate tactic? Whatever it is .. it certainly is a curious thing.
                                Oh it's probably just a manifestation of a deep-seated self-loathing over not being a biochemist.

Maybe I think I'm a failure because I'm not a biochemist.

There is no ethical issue here. And you know it. The gap is in admitting it.

If it turns out that embryos are the best source of stem cells on balance and especially due to the research being further along and people are dying now, will you, Ballet Mom and others admit it is at least as ethical to use them in that way as throwing them out?

That is where the intellectual rubber meets the road. And you know it. The gap is in admitting it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X